uniqs
peasoup42
join:2012-12-26
Ridgecrest, CA

peasoup42 to djrobx

to djrobx

Re: I've gone and done it ... solar install

@ djrobx...

I noticed you're not too far from me. Would you recommend your installer to others here in the SoCal area? Also, I've tried to go back thru the 9 pages of this thread and never caught how big your setup is. How many panels are you running and what is each panel wattage rating?

Do you have the infamous tile roof or do you have shingle roofing?

Lastly, does your system report it's performance to the internet like the other systems do (a feature I found quite interesting)?

Trying to compare to see what I would be interested in spending to take advantage of solar. Much appreciated!! )

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx

Premium Member

said by peasoup42:

@ djrobx...

I noticed you're not too far from me. Would you recommend your installer to others here in the SoCal area? Also, I've tried to go back thru the 9 pages of this thread and never caught how big your setup is. How many panels are you running and what is each panel wattage rating?

Do you have the infamous tile roof or do you have shingle roofing?

Lastly, does your system report it's performance to the internet like the other systems do (a feature I found quite interesting)?

Trying to compare to see what I would be interested in spending to take advantage of solar. Much appreciated!! )

Definitely. I used REC solar, and they were awesome to work with in every way.

Mine's a 5.3KW (22 panel @240) system. I have a spanish tile roof.

I didn't opt to buy the reporting modules, but it can be added to the inverter. You do get that thrown in if you decide to lease (because the lease company wants to track the output).
peasoup42
join:2012-12-26
Ridgecrest, CA

peasoup42

said by djrobx:

Definitely. I used REC solar, and they were awesome to work with in every way.

Mine's a 5.3KW (22 panel @240) system. I have a spanish tile roof.

I didn't opt to buy the reporting modules, but it can be added to the inverter. You do get that thrown in if you decide to lease (because the lease company wants to track the output).

TY for the info and need to check with them to see if they service Tehachapi. I've got the tile roof as well and was worried about the removing of them to facilitate install and then having unexplained leakage as well as the weight of both panels and tiles.

My roof is actually east/west facing and will need them to be tilted to the south for best exposure. Hope that isn't additional because of that setup.