Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4
reply to peasoup42

Re: Goodman furnace doesn't stay lit

said by peasoup42:

Well, it looks like a pressure sensor switch is at fault according to Goodman.....

Have you checked for any blockages in the venting? Snow or ice, bird or bug nests, etc. A switch fault code just says that the switch is not doing what it is supposed to do during the sequence. That can mean a faulty switch, or it can mean the switch is doing what it is supposed to do when there is an air flow issue.

peasoup42

join:2012-12-26
Ridgecrest, CA
All venting, vacuum, and drainage lines were checked and are clear. They believe that the cold snaps we've had are to blame for the vacuum switch(s) being affected since they are so sensitive.

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4

1 edit
If cold weather hinders pressure switches, they certainly don't belong on a furnace. It's pretty rare I find an actual bad switch. Usually it's a motor problem or blocked vent. But I am glad to see you and they have covered all basis before replacing parts.

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1
reply to peasoup42
Noticing that you had other problems prior to this event, I would also look very closely at the heat exchanger. A hole in the heat exchanger would create this fault.