how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dan0314

join:2012-12-24
Drumbo, ON

Opening NAT type on Xbox?

My NAT type on Xbox is on Moderate and the only way I've been able to put it to Open is to turn on DMZ which I don't want to do. Can anyone please provide me with a simple solution? Thanks!

urbang33k

join:2010-02-13
Canada
kudos:1

thats an interesting problem. Unfortunately we here would need a little more to go on. So far we can't even tell if your with Bell or not.

dan0314

Drumbo, ON

said by urbang33k:

thats an interesting problem. Unfortunately we here would need a little more to go on. So far we can't even tell if your with Bell or not.

Yes I'm with Bell. My router model is 2701HG-G. Not sure if that's helpful but that's some more information for you.

urbang33k

Canada
reply to dan0314

Ok, thats a start.

Is that the only network device between your xbox and the internet or do you have your own router wired into the mix also?

dan0314

Drumbo, ON

said by urbang33k:

Ok, thats a start.

Is that the only network device between your xbox and the internet or do you have your own router wired into the mix also?

I only have 1 router used for all devices in my house if that's what you mean.

urbang33k

Canada

said by dan0314:

said by urbang33k:

Ok, thats a start.

which is the 2wire 2701HG-G?
--
Opinions and ideas expressed in my post are my own and in no way represent those of Bell Canada Enterprises, Bell Canada, Bell TV, Bell Internet, Bell Mobility, Bell Technical Solutions, Expertech, or any other partners under the BCE umbrella.

dan0314

Drumbo, ON

said by urbang33k:

said by dan0314:

said by urbang33k:

Ok, thats a start.

which is the 2wire 2701HG-G?

Yes.

urbang33k

Canada
reply to dan0314

So I guess the next thing to consider, is this new and abnormal behavior for your setup or has it always functioned like this from day one?

Try reseting the xbox network settings to factory defaults and reconnecting?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3JBjHDT7lw

this link seems to suggest enabling or disabling UPnP in your router to attempt to solve the problem.

Do you have your Bell b1 id and password. otherwise known as your PPPoE credentials?

According to that video the xbox seems to have the ability to establish a PPPoE session right in the xbox software. Have you attempted to put your Bell internet B1 id and password in those fields to attempt to get a public ip directly to your xbox?

edit: see the 50 second mark in that video

--
Opinions and ideas expressed in my post are my own and in no way represent those of Bell Canada Enterprises, Bell Canada, Bell TV, Bell Internet, Bell Mobility, Bell Technical Solutions, Expertech, or any other partners under the BCE umbrella.

urbang33k

Canada
reply to dan0314

I've been cruising this forum for a while and to best of my memory, I dont recall this been a common problem. Considering the 2701HG-G and the xbox are both a common component in Bell households, I'm leaning towards this being an issue with your specific setup.

edit: if you have your Bell PPPoE credentials, you could also factory reset the 2wire modem and re-run the initial activation site, better know as the 'Bell Walled Garden'. You would need to run this from your computer browser.

--

dan0314

Drumbo, ON
reply to urbang33k

said by urbang33k:

So I guess the next thing to consider, is this new and abnormal behavior for your setup or has it always functioned like this from day one?

Try reseting the xbox network settings to factory defaults and reconnecting?

(youtube clip)
link seems to suggest enabling or disabling UPnP in your router to attempt to solve the problem.

Do you have your Bell b1 id and password. otherwise known as your PPPoE credentials?

According to that video the xbox seems to have the ability to establish a PPPoE session right in the xbox software. Have you attempted to put your Bell internet B1 id and password in those fields to attempt to get a public ip directly to your xbox?

edit: see the 50 second mark in that video

Do you know how to change my UPnP settings? I have no idea what that even is...

glussier

join:2002-11-12
Montreal, QC
reply to dan0314

Those are the ports used by the xbox 360:

•Port 88 (UDP)

•Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

•Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

•Port 80 (TCP)

You have to go in your router configuration menus, and route these ports to the ip address of your xbox 360.

dan0314

Drumbo, ON

said by glussier:

•Port 88 (UDP)

•Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

•Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

•Port 80 (TCP)

You have to go in your router configuration menus, and route these ports to the ip address of your xbox 360.

I've never known how to do that, the guides I looked at didn't have the different layout so it was confusing.

urbang33k

Canada
reply to dan0314

I dont have a 2wire at my disposal. Can someone with a 2wire check to see if xbox live is still a supported application in the the 2wire firmware?

According to this post it is...
»Re: 2WIRE 2701HG-G and Xbox Live

glussier

Montreal, QC
reply to dan0314

said by dan0314:

said by glussier:

•Port 88 (UDP)

•Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

•Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

•Port 80 (TCP)

I've never known how to do that, the guides I looked at didn't have the different layout so it was confusing.

»www.pcwintech.com/port-forwardin···firmware

ngraziani
Premium
join:2004-02-25
Springfield, VA
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to glussier

Does anyone know if the 53 and 80 need to be directed to the Xbox in NAT? Right now, I have the Xbox and my web/email servers behind an Astaro firewall and have created in-bound NATs for 3074 and 88 to the Xbox, but in-bound 53 and 80 would mess up a lot of things. Thoughts?

glussier

Montreal, QC

If you want to make-it simple, it's not like the xbox can be attacked by a virus, you can set your xbox in dmz.

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
kudos:4
reply to dan0314

Just use a router that supports uPNP.