spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

capncapo

join:2012-12-25
Florissant, MO

Uverse problem that no one can seem to solve.

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Can anyone give me ANY information as to what this problem may be? ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Canezoid
End of line

join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

What sort of problem per your post ? Who hasn't been able to solve it ?

Dip in that graph indicates a possible bridge-tap or some sort of fault. Profile & error readings indicate a Max sync at 36M at 1600 ft, something isn't right, you've got degrading on the line somewhere.

What is your current inside setup like ?

capncapo

Florissant, MO

Problem is with connection speed and maintaining a connection. Speed will go from 54Mbps all the way down to 1Mbps and will then work its way back up or will just bounce from 54 to 48 to 36 down to 24. At 24 Mbps it is pretty much useless. I can have days with relatively few problems and on others it will be nothing but problems.

I have had no less than 10 AT&T techs out here and at least 2 AT&T linemen. So far I've had 3 modems replaced and (supposedly) been placed on 2 different ports on the VRAD. I've been told that I have been put on a different conditioned pair on one occasion.

The folks who come here tell me everything looks good but some of the level 2 techs that I've spoken to have told me that they see line issues.

My RG is a 2-wire 3801 plugged into a UPS. The wiring is all cat 5.

Mangix

join:2012-02-16
united state
reply to capncapo

to me, it looks like a noisy line. the noise margin is way too low for that distance(mine is 22 db at 1400 ft).

Shielded CAT5 could be useful. Then again, I'm no expert.

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
reply to capncapo

Is the only issue WiFi Connectivity?

If so, I would recommend disabling the 2Wire/Pace RG's WiFi & get a 3rd Party WiFi Router & let that run your WiFi network

bdavenport

join:2004-09-20
Charlotte, NC

Based on what your saying, those speeds sound like the coincide with WiFi connection problems. So I agree with what ILpt4U recommends.

I would also ask do you have any problems with connection quality when you are hardwired to the modem?

tkdslr

join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Speakeasy
reply to capncapo

Track the time of day/day of week for each of the speed shifts..

Odds are the downgrades will occur on weekday evenings from 4pm to 11pm and weekends 10am to 11pm. I.E. Too much FEXT interference from other xDSL circuits in same cables.

P.S. Before I disconnected my DSL service, I also observed major FEXT problems from 4am to 7am, every morning.. (some sort of remote download to U-verse DVR's)..

UverseTech

join:2012-08-04
reply to capncapo

In that part of town the plant is old. If you have cat5 throughout, and looking at the retrains, I would bet its and outside issue at another terminal. Did a few bonded pair installs there and IR had difficulties every occasion.

At least your not in Webster Groves or Rockhill

capncapo

Florissant, MO
reply to capncapo

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Actually, I have 2 routers that I have been playing with and no matter which I enable the wireless on the results are the same.

Using a wired ethernet port doesn't help either.

I hate to leave AT&T but I may have to try Charter just because of the newer wire. Right now I've been put on the 12Mbps plan just so I can get 6Mbps. I think that AT&T has pretty much given up on me at this point.