Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
reply to AZinOH

Re: [Rant] UPS delivery will not ring the doorbell

said by AZinOH:

I had an unexpected UPS delivery yesterday. The guy didn't even bother to turn into my driveway. He left his truck parked on my somewhat-busy two lane road...ran 160 ft thru my front yard...left the package on the stoop...banged twice on the front door and before I could get there he was running back to his truck.

Last Friday FedEx Ground delivered a new microwave oven 46 hours after I ordered it. I was expecting it and the garage door was open. The driver carried it into the garage and left it there. Had I not heard him slam his door when he got into the truck to leave, I wouldn't have known he was there.

As far as I know. UPS drivers won't pull into a homeowners driveway. Especially one where they have to back out of, the trucks have sensors on them that can tell how many times the truck was backed up. The less the better. Everything else sounds normal if its a package they can leave. Its all about time every minute adds up.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

AZinOH

join:2007-04-25
Swanton, OH
kudos:1
said by Fir_Na_Tine See Profile
As far as I know. UPS drivers won't pull into a homeowners driveway. Especially one where they have to back out of, the trucks have sensors on them that can tell how many times the truck was backed up. The less the better. Everything else sounds normal if its a package they can leave. Its all about time every minute adds up.
[/BQUOTE :

I've had multiple UPS deliveries over the years. This was the only time I can think of that the driver did not BACK down my driveway and then drop off the package.