spc
uniqs
fenix_jn
join:2006-12-28
Miami, FL

fenix_jn to Goldheart

to Goldheart

Re: [Theory] What is your thing in WoW?

Do it. I used to have a mage on KJ... man, doing dailies meant to have a bullseye on my head... impossible to do them without getting killed at least once. I ended up moving to a PvE server: no more worries about some idiot waiting for an opportunistic kill or getting shot by the guards when clicking on the NPC triggers your auto attack because you clicked the enemy standing on top of it...

I got exalted with OCS, revered with GL and the klaxxi and I am on my way to get revered with AC and the shado-pan.

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

said by fenix_jn:

Do it. I used to have a mage on KJ... man, doing dailies meant to have a bullseye on my head... impossible to do them without getting killed at least once. I ended up moving to a PvE server: no more worries about some idiot waiting for an opportunistic kill or getting shot by the guards when clicking on the NPC triggers your auto attack because you clicked the enemy standing on top of it...

I got exalted with OCS, revered with GL and the klaxxi and I am on my way to get revered with AC and the shado-pan.

Looks like we will be guild transferring so that takes care of the PvP issue. Just a matter of settling on which server to move to.

Perhaps that was Blizzards intention all along. Make money from mass guild/player transfers.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I believe their intention was to make PvP realms completely different from Normal ones, supposedly as they were in the beginning. We are looking at Medium pop PvE realms skewed heavily in favor of the Alliance. Currently scouting 3 realms with one highly favored among them. Need to be patient, but that is difficult to do once you scan a healthy AH, lol.

Updates on this move will be handled in-game and via RealID/BattleTag.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I loved the name PrideScout when it popped in game. Good luck with the search.

What is your thing on WoW?

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica to Goldheart

Premium Member

to Goldheart
said by Goldheart:

Looks like we will be guild transferring so that takes care of the PvP issue. Just a matter of settling on which server to move to.

Perhaps that was Blizzards intention all along. Make money from mass guild/player transfers.

Just something to remember... even on Mal'Ganis which is like 98% horde... our horde lowbies tend to have trouble with being camped while leveling in lower levels due to the xrealms. While you may end up picking a high pop alliance server, doesn't mean you won't be in a group with a high pop pvp horde group that will make your life miserable.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

1 recommendation

Immer to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
My thing in WoW has always been the guild. For years the guild was just me, my wife, and close friends. We "opened our doors" in 2012 and have met some great people, and have been able to do some cool things. My drive to play and to lead this guild is based in a desire to help good friends see more of the game together. If the guild were to lose the family feeling, I'd quit playing altogether. My favorite thing in-game is to see the achievement toasts... but not just mine. I love seeing a whole bunch of guildies get an achiev for the first time while raiding/dungeoning together. For me... there is nothing more satisfying in WoW.

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to Antonica

to Antonica
said by Antonica:

Just something to remember... even on Mal'Ganis which is like 98% horde... our horde lowbies tend to have trouble with being camped while leveling in lower levels due to the xrealms. While you may end up picking a high pop alliance server, doesn't mean you won't be in a group with a high pop pvp horde group that will make your life miserable.

We're moving to PvE

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to Immer

to Immer
Don't bother with med pop, go high pop minimum.
I have ally toons on Grey mane and Khadgar and even med pop feels unpopulated.
fenix_jn
join:2006-12-28
Miami, FL

fenix_jn to Antonica

to Antonica
said by Antonica:

Well since they are seem to be transferring to a PvE server, A:H ratios do not make any difference. Now, pop density matters in terms of resource abundance and AH prices: My hunter in Blackhand gets to buy enchants at crazy prices (like the scope for 2.5k) which is kinda balanced out by him selling LW enchants for 700 - 1k
Khalandil
join:2009-10-22
Fairbanks, AK

Khalandil

So far, in MoP I've only one level 90 warrior. Was able to complete my first LFR raid this morning. Used to play a lot of alts, about 11 other level 85's, but things sure slowed down for me in MoP, in my opinion. I think the lack of interest in doing dailies has been a significant factor. The only one I've been doing is the cooking daily in SW...

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to Goldheart

to Goldheart
Storm rage?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I just made a change on my play style instead of going for the 3 missing max level toons I decided to go a completionist (Pandaland version) with my Monk, that means all panda reps at exalted and the pandaland loremaster (have it on the pally) and the lorewalker title.

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to Lothario

to Lothario
said by Lothario:

Storm rage?

No, several medium pop realms we're considering I believe.