Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to Rick4769

Premium Member

to Rick4769

Re: [TWC] Time Warner Cable Channel Wish List

BBC World News was added today in WNY and other NE areas.

Thanks

Hob
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

So when is the other stuff coming like the national feed of NESN and World Fishing Network?

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

BBC World News was added today in WNY and other NE areas.

Thanks

Hob

It would be nice if TWC would have added the HD version of BBC World News to all areas with SDV instead of just SD for areas outside of the Northeast and the Carolinas. It makes no sense to just add the SD version considering the areas that are getting the SD version are all SDV enabled areas anyway. TWC has been improving the SDV bandwidth in systems throughout the country that need it in systems that can make room for more SDV QAM carriers I know that these systems have 22 or 24 SDV QAMs based on looking at silicondust and seeing the same unencrypted subchannel bounce between different QAMs:

22 QAMs for SDV:
Central Texas
Southern California

24 QAMs for SDV:
Dallas Texas (includes surronding cities in North Texas)
Hawaii

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to Happydude32

Premium Member

to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

So when is the other stuff coming like the national feed of NESN and World Fishing Network?

If I knew I would tell you as I often do.

Hob
hobgoblin

hobgoblin to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
"It would be nice if TWC would have added the HD version of BBC World News to all areas with SDV instead of just SD for areas outside of the Northeast and the Carolinas. It makes no sense to just add the SD version considering the areas that are getting the SD version are all SDV enabled areas anyway. "

I would love one day to see a standard channel line up across the company. The East is working towards that.

Hob
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

Wisconsin is moving more channels to require a cable box for them. And I think the new Sports Channels for my area are going to be launched on January 16th, if I remember from the notice. Yea, it's about 10-15 channels added to Sports Pass.

Hobs, a question, I have read for a long time that Sports Channels are the most expensive for TWC to get. With TWC looking to consolidate packages and Mr. Britt saying that niche channels might be dropped that aren't of value, I am surprised that these Sports stations because of cost are getting added. Can you comment on this?

Satch

PS. Wisconsin got Aspire, and SD versions of BBC World News and some other sports station who's name escapes me. No HD for BBC World News yet for Wisconsin.
Satch

Satch

I heard Chiller launched their HD station. That would be an interesting station to get in HD on TWC.

Satch