Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

plev

join:2012-12-27

1 edit

NO SERVICE. ONT battery light dark but BBU is all powered up

Click for full size
We had a nasty wind and rain storm last night and woke up to no phone, tv or Internet. Verizon can't get here for a WEEK and need to get up and running. The BBU in the house is all lit and fine but on the ONT outside, the battery light is dark and MOCA is amber.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit

Try this thread as it helped the OP.

»Amber Moca light on ONT?

Edit: nevermind, I thought just the Moca light was amber but as others say no light for the network.

flashcore

join:2007-01-23
united state
reply to plev

I think you will find that so long as the Network light is not lit you will not get anywhere. Most likely a tree has taking out the fiber line somewhere and until that is fixed you will not have any service. As for the other comment, the amber MoCa light is an issue but it will have nothing to do with you not having Phone or TV service.

One thing you can try is removing the battery from the BBU and unplugging the BBU from the wall, give it a minute or so and re-assemble and if your lucky you may have service if not all you can do is wait and hope they fix the problem sooner.

knordrw

join:2007-09-07
Bethel Park, PA
kudos:1
reply to bohratom

More of a problem than the orange MoCA light is that the network and OMI lights are off. About the only thing for that I can suggest is a manual reboot (pull battery and power from the bbu for 30 seconds-2 mins), otherwise you are going to need to wait for a tech.

plev

reply to plev

Thanks for your replies. Having to wait for over a week through the new year is brutal.

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
kudos:3
reply to plev

Your power supply is shot. Your going to need a tech out.

plev

Is there anything I can do to replace it?

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
kudos:3

No, you need a tech out.

plev

Anyone know any techs in the jersey shore area looking for some extra work?!?!

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16

You need to call the trouble in - techs won't respond to you here looking for extra work....

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to PoloDude

said by PoloDude:

The power supply is working or he would have no lights.

Last time I saw that a fios person was actually working on our pole to install a neighbor. He checked including a reboot to make sure it wasn't something he caused, and then had me contact normal support. Automation detected it was out without me ever to talking to anyone on the phone, and was able to reset it. Hopefully you won't actually have to have someone come out.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by tnsprin:

said by PoloDude:

The power supply is working or he would have no lights....

Not necessarily. Recently my service went down, and I had some ONT lights, but the problem was a bad power supply. It took the tech five minutes to replace it. He did not even check anthing else first. He said they were having problems with the power supplies, aggravated by power surges.

Hooper
Premium
join:2001-10-22
Castle Rock, CO
reply to plev

I was thankful the motorola ONT we had gave up its ghost in a power outage in a storm just before the hurricane. This ONT should never have been deployed. From day 1 it had issues with power outages where it would come back online and everything would work but the internet would be crawling. Hard rebooting the ONT fixed it.

I was successful in getting the CSR rep to call local dispatch and send over a truck same day (was a Saturday).

vz tech 2

join:2005-11-19
Richmond, VA
reply to plev

612 ont are famous for this after a storm it maybe the ont is shot if during a storm it pwr cycles to many times it will go into this state sometime a complete pwr remove will get it back up, until you can get a tech out to replace the unit. like the other guy stated pull the pwr from the wall and the battery for about 2 to 5 min let it reboot and see what kind of lights you get.

If a tree has taken out the service you would still have a pwr. battery flashing fail and a moca light green cause it is still seeing the router.