uniqs
share rss forum feed

Just Rachel
occasional optimist
Premium
join:2003-07-10
reply to Just Rachel

Re: [FireFox] Problems with Video DownloadHelper extension

I'm sorry if I've not been clear. Let me start again.

With the Video DownloadHelper extension installed, I am not able to view any videos online. Therefore, I am not able to download them either. It caused me no problems over the years. I was previously able to watch and then download videos. I am up to date with the extension and Firefox. The extension was not working prior to the last update and continues to not work. I was thinking that perhaps a combination of this extension and another are causing my issues. I was in the HTML5 trial on Youtube and opted out because I thought maybe that was the problem. It was not.

The other extensions I have are:

Adblock Plus
Clear Cache Button
Colorful Tabs
FEBE
Garmin Communicator
Ghostery
GMarks
GoogleEnhancer
Lazarus: Form Recovery
LCD Clock
Mobile Barcoder
NoScript
Password Exporter
PDF Download
PDF Viewer
Personal Menu
Pinterest Right-Click
Pocket
QuickDrag
Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar
Bitly
Smartest Bookmarks Bar
Tab Mix Plus
Thumbnail Zoom
Vacuum Places Improved
WOT

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
kudos:3
Sounds like a flash issue to me then. I recommend completely uninstalling flash and reinstalling.

But again, have you tried disabling or uninstalling the helper application? Can you view them then? Can you view them in Chrome or IE?
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong