Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97 to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert

Re: Internet Speed

said by BHNtechXpert:

John your IP shouldnt be changing often...in fact almost never if you leave the modem powered. I can do it but want to make sure you have a decent router before we do it.

I was referencing the fact that you cannot specify your own DNS server entries in the UBEE configuration and are forced to use the defaults.

samw
Are you sure? If not check again
Premium Member
join:2009-11-23
Lakeland, FL

samw

Premium Member

My preference and I feel yours may be the same is to maybe use different DNS servers as redundancy. That is one perk I like about having my NetGear router bridged. Now BrightHouse has some pretty good routers but I have to agree as well that sometimes having the choice of selecting your own DNS server to use sometimes is a good thing to warrant bridging. Plus I just got done doing a bridge about a month ago because my new router has a few more antennas which is great for echoing the signal through my house.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97

Premium Member

said by samw:

My preference and I feel yours may be the same is to maybe use different DNS servers as redundancy. That is one perk I like about having my NetGear router bridged. Now BrightHouse has some pretty good routers but I have to agree as well that sometimes having the choice of selecting your own DNS server to use sometimes is a good thing to warrant bridging. Plus I just got done doing a bridge about a month ago because my new router has a few more antennas which is great for echoing the signal through my house.

Bingo, on both counts.