Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gimli
Premium
join:2006-01-03
l5a2o4
reply to morisato

Re: windows 8,, Hated it initially now love it. PS Mail servers?

Win 8 = garbage
you will never see it used widespread anywhere but the consumer market. It was designed for touch screen ( tablets ect )

Ill stick to win7

besides, all the posts above seem to indicate people that use windows 8 after making it behave like windows 7.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX
it already behaves like windows 7 out of the box, the only difference is folks not using metro functions. when in fact metro is most of what i find makes it awesome
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

Fyodor

join:2012-08-13
reply to Gimli
said by Gimli:

Win 8 = garbage
you will never see it used widespread anywhere but the consumer market. It was designed for touch screen ( tablets ect )

Ill stick to win7

besides, all the posts above seem to indicate people that use windows 8 after making it behave like windows 7.

I use it vanilla and it's great with keyboard and mouse. I don't know why you think it was "designed for touch screen" though. Is it because of the tiles? Windows always had tiles... what do you think desktop shortcuts are?

The new start screen works fine if you get used to popping open a full screen menu really fast. I use it to start normal windows applications. Didn't need to use any metro-style app yet but the support is nice.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
said by Fyodor:

I use it vanilla and it's great with keyboard and mouse. I don't know why you think it was "designed for touch screen" though. Is it because of the tiles? Windows always had tiles... what do you think desktop shortcuts are?

The Metro UI was designed for touch screens. Windows 8 will lead to most if not all desktop/laptop systems having touch screens and a significant portion of the Windows 8 ready systems have touch screens.