spc
uniqs
bchandler02
join:2011-07-08
Oklahoma City, OK

bchandler02 to bryant313

to bryant313

Re: [ALL] Cox Annual Speed Upgrade

Ultimate in OKC is $99.99, 50/5 speeds. If it went to 89.99, I'd jump up to it in a heartbeat. Depending on what the new speeds are (whenever they show up), it may or may not justify the upgrade.

Also to be considered is what the lower tiers will bump up to - will tomorrow's premier be today's ultimate, for the same price?
Needleinthha
join:2009-11-30
Chandler, AZ

Needleinthha

Whats really ridiculous about ultimate (at least in AZ) is the advertized upload speeds are LOWER than premier (5.5mbps upload for ultimate & 6mbps upload for premier -- including powerboost for both)...It doesnt make sense why they wouldnt at least match it...why make it .5mbps slower upload speed when customers are paying $30/month more?

Also, I'm on premier and regularly get 32mbps down and 15-20mbps upsteam (including powerboost)...way higher than advertized....does anyone else get it too? or is that not typical? im assuming high upstream are because im bonding 3 channels upsteram but not sure....not complaning, obviously...
bryant313
join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313

now it has been 2 years since any speed increase in Las Vegas for the Ultimate and the premier tier so i hope in quarter 1 of 2013 something happens
Expand your moderator at work
genzoulv
join:2004-10-05
Las Vegas, NV

genzoulv to bryant313

to bryant313

Re: [ALL] Cox Annual Speed Upgrade

Well, you have to remember that Cox really has no competition here. Centurylink is a joke and who else do they really have to compete with...Clear (yeah, right)? If you want fast internet there's only one choice in Vegas.

Beezel
join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

Beezel

said by genzoulv:

Well, you have to remember that Cox really has no competition here. Centurylink is a joke and who else do they really have to compete with...Clear (yeah, right)? If you want fast internet there's only one choice in Vegas.

Centurylink only has 25/2 here. I don't see them upgrading any time soon.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Centurylink SUCKS, too..

-Rob
genzoulv
join:2004-10-05
Las Vegas, NV

genzoulv to Beezel

to Beezel
They have 40 or 50 Mbps service here in Vegas, but only a very limited number of people can get that speed. Their whole statement about them doing a major city upgrade was a crock. I call them now and all they can offer is still 3 Mbps down. It's pathetic.

CoxVegas
join:2011-07-25
Las Vegas, NV

CoxVegas

Cox Las Vegas presently offers 50Mb/s down, 5Mb/s up for residential at all locations. (Unless you were referring to CenturyLink? Not sure...)
bryant313
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313 to genzoulv

to genzoulv
i have used cox ultimate service here in Las Vegas and have gotten the advertised speeds with no issues at all

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

He's talking about Suddenstink.

CoxVegas
Las Vegas, NV

CoxVegas

said by skeechan:

He's talking about Suddenstink.

Ah OK... I need to learn to drink BOTH cups of morning coffee before posting on here.
bryant313
Las Vegas, NV

1 edit

bryant313 to genzoulv

to genzoulv
so i inquired about the speed upgrades on the cox Facebook page and got this response

We have no information on speed increases, at this time.

However, we’re continually working to improve Cox customers’ Internet experiences. We’ve consistently increased speeds over the last several years.

We will be sure to update all customers with any changes in the upcoming year.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

*then i mentioned to her that i have not seen a speed increase on the premier level in last few years and this was the response i got*

Unfortunately, there have not been any recent speed increases for the Premier level.

We will be sure to inform you of any speed increased for the Premier HSI, hopefully in the near future.

we appreciate your patience in this matter and thank you for being a loyal Cox Communications customer!
bryant313

bryant313

spoke to a rep on the phone regarding the price increase to verify it
and she did verify that their will be a price increase across all services

i asked will there be any speed increase or anything improvements on all their services such as TV phone and internet

she responded with no their will not be any imporvemnets just prices increases only
Needleinthha
join:2009-11-30
Chandler, AZ

Needleinthha

said by bryant313:

she responded with no their will not be any imporvemnets just prices increases only

Hope thats not true...If so, that sucks...A lot of areas (including phx and vegas) havent had speed upgrades for over a year....
raven2510
join:2011-06-27

raven2510

said by Needleinthha:

said by bryant313:

Hope thats not true...If so, that sucks...A lot of areas (including phx and vegas) havent had speed upgrades for over a year....

We haven't seen an upgrade in Omaha in nearly 2-5 years now.
bryant313
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313 to Needleinthha

to Needleinthha
i really hope it is not true
bryant313

bryant313 to raven2510

to raven2510
wow that is a long time but i am certain your bill went up ever year right?
raven2510
join:2011-06-27

raven2510

said by bryant313:

wow that is a long time but i am certain your bill went up ever year right?

Oh, for sure it did. Either pricing or fees/hidden crap. They just started bonding channels here like 1 year ago. We never get anything until years later. Doesn't help there is no competition here either. Its either CenturyLink or Cox.

CoxVegas
Las Vegas, NV

CoxVegas to bryant313

to bryant313
I will say the sales reps are under the same restrictions we are on here: Even if we know about speed upgrades coming, we can't talk about it until they're officially announced.... which is usually the day we do them. It really is a terminatable offense.
bryant313
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313

i just have my fingers crossed its very very soon