how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nrobot80

join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA

[Signals] Dual Line System

Can anyone tell me if Comcast still has that awful dual line plant in the Royal Oak, Troy, MI area. I may be moving back to the area next year for work and I need a reliable broadband connection. I used to live and work for Comcast in that area and it was a pain. I have rewired houses from tap to TV/cable modem and there would still be snowy pictures or the modem would loose sync frequently. I would imagine with the digital migration that there would only be a need for one line into the house. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10

Maybe call someone you use to work with at Comcast to find out?

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to nrobot80

i cant imagine anyone still using the dual line systems.....with the increased bandwidth of modern systems, there isnt much of a need.
--
I'm better than you!

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI
reply to nrobot80

Troy here. No, they are on a one line system now.

When they went though digitizing all of the stations, that fixed the problem...happened last year.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
reply to gar187er

Could be neat to use one dedicated for HSI and CDV and the other all TV.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

Unlikely to happen. They have to have two amps and stuff all over the place. By me, they dropped the A/B cable back in the 90's to save money.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5

I know it is

Just a fun thought.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

Is there still any Dual line systems in the US? I know that comcast had a 550MHz A cable/450MHz B cable system in Dallas Texas but once TWC took over they removed the B line plant and upgraded the A cable to 1GHz with 860MHz actives staying in place so if there was an 860MHz node or amp it was not replaced same for the outlying 750MHz system they put in 1GHz modules in the amps that were 750MHz and left the 860MHz nodes and amps intact. I know that we have some magnavox mainstation housings that have at least 860MHz drop in upgrades and other parts have Antec, phillips, and CCOR amps with drop in upgrades to go along with the majority of motorola amps and nodes with about half of the nodes being 1GHz aurora networks nodes and some being 1GHz Harmonic nodes.

Before TWC took over comcast converted all of the QAM carriers to QAM256 from QAM64 and moved all of the digital QAMs in the dual line areas to the A cable.

nrobot80

join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA
reply to baineschile

Cool thanks, I thought they would get rid of that system sooner or later