MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

Videos won't stay full screen

This has been a recurring problem for the last few weeks. While watching videos using VLC the taskbar will randomly appear. The video does stay full screen but I have to double click to minimize and click again to get rid of the task bar.

While watching Netflix on the pc, the video will exit fullscreen every 10-15 mins.

PC Specs

MSI P67A-G43,
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz,
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600,
SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100284VXL Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0,
Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s,
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I am thinking that it could be a video driver issue, not sure but they are up to date and maybe the latest driver has some kind of bug in them.

--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter

The Task Bar will rise when the cursor moves into that area, keyboard input, during a status change of an app or for an alert. Are you seeing anything to indicate why it's rising?

Try using a different keyboard.
--
Google is your Friend

MuDvAyNe
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

Sometimes an alert will pop up, be it a Windows update or a MalwareBytes update. There are times when there is no alert at all and it will minimize. I do not believe it's a keyboard issue as I have a wireless one and have turned it off while watching videos before and the problem still exists.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

Veloslave
Geek For God
Premium
join:2003-07-11
Martinez, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·PHONE POWER
reply to MuDvAyNe

Sounds like some other program is waking or becoming active like the AV you mentioned. When it happens I would take a look at what programs/apps/processes are running. I bet you will find something you can kill off and all will be good.

I would also try a different video player for the heck of it too... usually WMP is pretty immune to other stuff running during full screen playback.
--
Mom was right.... I NEED fiber!

MuDvAyNe
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

It's just weird because this problem started a few weeks ago and I've been using the pc for almost 2 years. I will turn off MalwareBytes and whatever else like's to show updates, my guess would be AVG virus scan also.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

MuDvAyNe
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to MuDvAyNe

Just got done watching a movie on HBO GO. The taskbar appeared at least 6 times while watching the movie. I turned off AVG and MalwareBytes.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

Veloslave
Geek For God
Premium
Martinez, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·PHONE POWER

said by MuDvAyNe:

Just got done watching a movie on HBO GO. The taskbar appeared at least 6 times while watching the movie. I turned off AVG and MalwareBytes.

You turned it off and was still happening or?
--

MuDvAyNe
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Yea it was still minimizing.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

Veloslave
Geek For God
Premium
Martinez, CA
reply to MuDvAyNe

Try this

»www.overclock.net/t/609198/full-···mizes/10
--

MuDvAyNe
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

I just unchecked it. I don't see how this would help tho as I turned off the program last time. I will report back next time I watch a video.

Edit : That did not help. I also hide icon and notification for everything in the taskbar except Volume, Network, and Windows Explorer. It still minimizes, and no notification even popped up. I would try a different browser, but like I stated above while using VLC the taskbar will randomly appear but not minamize the picture, I still have to double click to get rid of it,
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

Dogg
Premium
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to MuDvAyNe

un tick "auto hide" to keep the Task Bar visible. Maybe you will then be able to see the cause. Depending on what you see, you can try using auto hide again.

Test a different browser. It could be an app or addon within the browser triggering the Task Bar.
--
Google is your Friend

MuDvAyNe
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

auto hide is unchecked. I don't think it's the browser as it happens with VLC, the taskbar will just appear at the bottom of the video screen. Like I stated I turned off all notifications on the taskbar except volume and network, it still minimizes with no notification popping up.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

Dogg
Premium
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to MuDvAyNe

The notifications that you disabled, only apply to apps in the tray (by the clock). It does not prevent running apps from displaying a notification.

There are two trigger types, application or cursor/hardware.

Trial and error or process of elimination to find the cause.
--
Google is your Friend

MuDvAyNe
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

2 edits

Now that I think of it, it may be my external harddrive. I added one a few months ago. The next time I boot up my pc and plan on watching something I am going to unplug the external and see what happens.

edit : But I have watched stuff that was on my external and the same thing happened, so it actually can't be my external going to sleep and waking up.. I am so confused

edit 2: I think I may have figured it out!! It seems the Seagate software for my external harddrive was causing it. I just watched 2 episodes of a show on netflix and not once has it minimized!!
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

Dogg
Premium
Belleville, IL
reply to MuDvAyNe

Glad you have made some progress. Hopefully that was the cause and now you can watch without being annoyed.
--
Google is your Friend