spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Webcobbler

@verizon.net

3Net finally debuts on its first cable service provider...

I just read that 3Net finally debuted on its first cable service provider. (Name here, which I will not name) has always been solely its current provider since its launch, but was Never tied to that exclusively.

So saying that. It is great news that it finally launched on another provider, but WHAT ABOUT FiOS?

I Know on other forums etc that we can voice our opinions about channel that we want to get. Some are for an HD channel, some our just for a channel to be added. For another 3D channel, I would LOVE 3Net to launch on FiOS.

It has: History, Documentaries, Movies, etc. Plus it is a 24-7 channel that airs New shows and reruns.

To make it even better, 3Net is producing original 3D and 4K UHDTV series' (under 3net Studios), which are in Native 3D 4K, 2D 4K, 3D 2K, and both 3D/2D HD formats.

In conclusion: I believe 3Net would be a Great addition to the FiOS lineup due to its wide range of programming, plus it will be a Great 4K UHDTV channel (when 4K UHDTV channel from providers like VZ FiOS first begin to launch on UHD TVs. I hopefully believe within the next 3-5 years, because I think that 4K UHD tvs will be $5000 or less by then.

All this is just IMHO, but Thank You for reading this, and hopefully agreeing, or at least seeing where I am going with my thoughts.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3

Yep - saw this channel while visiting my parents on Service Electric channel 500.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Webcobbler

It certainly sounds like a better channel to add than another sports channel. But FiOS will unfortunately, probably add more sports channels.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to Webcobbler

I want 3net!...would much rather have that over ESPN 3D...I'm not a huge fan of 3D but I prefer it at home on my 55" screen versus watching it in the movie theater...foe some reason the pop out effects and general depth look better to me at home

JAH_PGH

join:2009-09-28
Pittsburgh, PA

said by TitusTroy:

I want 3net!...would much rather have that over ESPN 3D...

Me too! If all I watched was college football, basketball and wrestling, ESPN 3D would be great. Since I don't give two whacks about those, it's useless to me.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to Webcobbler

ESPN ratings > 3Net ratings

Steve3

join:2010-01-28
Springfield, NJ

I would like 3Net as well. There is very little to choose from in 3D. I would like a dedicated channels besides ESPN.

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Webcobbler

I actually had to google 4K UHDTV since I had no idea what he was talking about. My blu ray collection is about to be outdated .
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

said by MuDvAyNe:

I actually had to google 4K UHDTV since I had no idea what he was talking about. My blu ray collection is about to be outdated .

Not anytime soon. Unless millions of people start spending $17K to $25K for these UHD sets.
Which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

I know, but it will be about 8-10 years I bet!
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16
reply to aaronwt

The hardware doesn't matter for UHD if there is no broadcast UHD content and no 4K discs yet....

Once 4K Blu-Ray is announced, then all bets are off....

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to Webcobbler

I just had a thought.

Late last year, DirecTV said that it will be increasing its efforts to offer UHDTV transmissions by 2016, and begin switching off ANY remaining Vestiges of the old Standard Def spectrum in favor of Full HD channels, like 1080p.

(my ad-lib here: and making 720p channels change to 1080p so it is way easier to either upsample to 4K, and/or change to that format when ready.)

So... If they said this, and CAN/WILL do this, don't you think that FiOS could be able to do the same ?

I do not know the details involved in doing this but to me it seems like, by doing this and getting rid of ALL Standard Def feeds ( for now only the ones that have equivalent High Def channels ) that FiOS can take that now "not used" space and save it for UHDTV channels ( assuming 1 UHD channel = 4 at most regular HD channels at the present codec, hoping H.265 will come before UHDTV channels start to populate for better compression and resolution ) , or at least push out those HD channels that we all want, like H2 HD, etc a lot easier because of the free space now ?

So, why cant FiOS do a similar thing, and get rid of vestiges of old SD spectrum in favor of better full HD channels etc right now? 2016 is only 3 years away. It is not that far away.

By then, I am sure that at the very least, BluRay's will be 4K, and BluRay players can run native 4K as well. Hence, at least buying a UHDTV in 3 years will have a silver lining of at least one Native Programming in 4K BluRays and players. UHDTV channels WILL have to appear (its inevitable) , and start to become the norm soon enough. Like HD channels are now.

One would only need UHD STBs. I am sure that they can manufacture them. We would just need a Pentabyte or more of DVR space to record in UHD. However those are details for another day.

So in conclusion, What do you think? Does this make sense to anybody besides me? Lol