spc
uniqs
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to J E F F4

to J E F F4

Re: What I would do if Voltage has my IP Address

said by J E F F4:

I'd let them take me to court. I believe it would have to be small claims in jurisdiction of said offence. Voltage doesn't have the money or manpower for all the court cases. Voltage does not want to go to court over this.

in my opinion they wrongly filed asking that this suit be regarding commercial infringement when it cant be proven such.

its like having anyone accuse you with no proof ....
ALSO as said before i know that under 7 grand you can move this to small claims court and also you can get legal aid if you cant afford it , so then it becomes a well i might as well fight worst that can happen is im found guilty and pay , cause otherwise your paying by extortion and i'll never bow to extortion....ALSO

ive given the idea that everyone has a right to hear the charges read in court so if voltage wants a class action and gets such and these names and proceeds i ask everyone to get a lawyer and make sure you ask the court to read the full charge voltage is making in court.

2300 people i wonder how long that will take and how much of a stomach voltage has for being negative in press for like ever....might just go right up to next election this....hehe...

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

1 recommendation

J E F F4

Premium Member

Voltage would have a extremely difficult time proving commercial violation. It would require a different type of sting operation, using undercover detectives to buy DVD's and CD's from flea markets that have a that binary information that it came somewhere from the net.

If people here are into commercial distribution of downloaded content, then they will get what the deserve.

I just checked it, small claims in Ontario is $25,000

»www.attorneygeneral.jus. ··· imit.asp

Here is info for Legal Aid (Ontario anyway)

Do you qualify for Legal Aid?

As you can see, most would not qualify for it.

I believe everyone can get some duty council help, but not necessarily for the entire case.

Unfortunately, the system is designed for refugees, murderers, unemployed and not on EI, and lowlifes.

That means you have to arms yourself with lots of info if you end up in court.