Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

outfieldind

join:2012-09-30
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

[Connectivity] unsettling results

Over the past few months i have been experiencing what i would consider a few major issues with my internet and in my off time i have been trying to glean what information when and where i can and to talk to the cableco to see what can be done and i figured id post here and get some feed back.

From day 1 i have had nothing but trouble with my internet connection with suddenlink for lack of options, but i have had remarkable service with them in the past. As of late my connection has truly degraded and i stumble upon buffer bloat and after doing a little research it seems this might be the culprit that prohibits and live data streaming when my home net becomes even lightly saturated.

i have run this test directly from the tap out side my house hooked straight to the modem then to the computer to provide the least amount of problems i could create on my end.

Network Access Link Properties + –
Network latency measurements (?): Latency: 25ms Loss: 0.0% –
The round-trip time (RTT) between your computer and our server is 25 msec, which is good.
We recorded no packet loss between your system and our server.
TCP connection setup latency (?): 27ms –
The time it takes your computer to set up a TCP connection with our server is 27 msec, which is good.
Network background health measurement (?): no transient outages –
During most of Netalyzr's execution, the applet continuously measures the state of the network in the background, looking for short outages. During testing, the applet observed no such outages.
Network bandwidth (?): Upload 270 Kbit/sec, Download 1.9 Mbit/sec –
Your Uplink: We measured your uplink's sending bandwidth at 270 Kbit/sec. This level of bandwidth works well for many users.
Your Downlink: We measured your downlink's receiving bandwidth at 1.9 Mbit/sec. This level of bandwidth works well for many users.
During this test, the applet observed one reordered packet.
Network buffer measurements (?): Uplink 7200 ms, Downlink 2400 ms –
We estimate your uplink as having 7200 msec of buffering. This is quite high, and you may experience substantial disruption to your network performance when performing interactive tasks such as web-surfing while simultaneously conducting large uploads. With such a buffer, real-time applications such as games or audio chat can work quite poorly when conducting large uploads at the same time.
We estimate your downlink as having 2400 msec of buffering. This is quite high, and you may experience substantial disruption to your network performance when performing interactive tasks such as web-surfing while simultaneously conducting large downloads. With such a buffer, real-time applications such as games or audio chat can work quite poorly when conducting large downloads at the same time.

i guess what im here asking is what step i should take next if any at all

SDL L3Tech

join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX
kudos:28

Download and install Pingplotter Pro (free trial) and run it to a server or site that you can replicate the problem to. You can then post the image of the trace and you can attach the sample set (file - save sample set) which will let us see where the packet-loss or latency starts if there is any.

outfieldind

Reviews:
·Suddenlink

here a sample from yesterday to this morning i noticed that the times i lag the most is when i try to use vent any time i ran a speed test and looked i saw that the times shot up into the thosands of milliseconds it also seem to effect my kids when they try and game on thier xbox

outfieldind

Reviews:
·Suddenlink

download2 days.pp2.zip 158,296 bytes
now another sample set and its showing that the problem really starts to occur from 6pm into the late nite

SDL L3Tech

join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX
kudos:28
reply to outfieldind

Thank you for the sample set.