uniqs
share rss forum feed

brad152

join:2006-07-27
Phoenix, AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

[Qwest] 896k upload on VDSL2?

So, i just set up centurylink at my new place (it's nice to not have to deal with Cox's crummy service at the new place)

Anyway, i knew upfront that i could only get 896k upload at the new place, so i assumed i was on ADSL2 but to my surprise when i look in my Q100's settings it seems that i'm actually connected using VDSL2.

Is there any reason for me only being able to get 896k upload? my signal levels are around -20dBm both up and down, and attenuation numbers are quite good too at -17dBm

So is it they just need to do an upgrade, or should i call and complain to see if they give me 5Mbps (i really do not need it, would just be nice to have, so not a deal breaker either way)

dynodb
Premium,VIP
join:2004-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

said by brad152:

Is there any reason for me only being able to get 896k upload? my signal levels are around -20dBm both up and down, and attenuation numbers are quite good too at -17dBm

So is it they just need to do an upgrade, or should i call and complain to see if they give me 5Mbps (i really do not need it, would just be nice to have, so not a deal breaker either way)

896k is (with exceptions) more or less the default upstream speed they offer, be it ADSL, ADSL2+, or VDSL2. If you're on VDSL2, you might be able to get a higher upstream speed if distance from the DSLAM allows.

Call and ask what speeds are available to you.

brad152

join:2006-07-27
Phoenix, AZ

I'll give them a call monday and see what they say, so far though with the 20ms latency i'm getting it's by far better than what i had received from the cable company here, so i'm happy.

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7

Hi,

If you still need help with your DSL service send us your account information and we'll have our DSL Escalations Team help resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Corey Tidwell
Centurylink Help Team
TalkToUs@Centurylink.com