spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

andre2

join:2005-08-24
Brookline, MA

OBi firmware updates 1.3.0(2765) and 3.0.0(3647)

I updated to this version (2765 for OBi100/110, 3647 for OBi202/302) and my OBi100 seems okay, judging by two echo test calls. There is still no mention of what it does on

»www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

I don't remember if they ever got around to listing what the last one did on this page (though they did list it in some other topic).

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2

andre2 See Profile thank you for the news.

After installing new firmware 1.3.0 (Build: 2765) I've noticed that OBi100 starts crashing / rebooting while receiving / making calls. With some clients (PhonerLite, v2.06) it may happen after several calls. With others (CSipSimple, latest build) it crashes almost immediately... Returning back to v1-3-0.2744 did not help. Restoring configuration from backup, created just before the update, did not help too

Also, while experiencing these multiple crashes, I've noticed some difference between manual reboot (initiated from web connection) and reboot, caused by crash. The latter becomes prone for next crashes, while after the former it may stay longer... Not a good sign. May be clean up procedure from crash is not completed as it should be (or OBi starts using variables without preliminary initialization, which is even worse).
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

andre2

Brookline, MA
reply to andre2

Do all OBi users see these versions when they check for updates, or do they use a fraction of users as guinea pigs and wait a while before pushing to everyone? That might account for why they wait before posting what the update does.

Edit: Or maybe most users don't check for updates often, so they push something, let the early adopters install it, then if it's broken push a fix before most people get the broken one.

punkinduster

join:2004-05-25
Denver, PA
reply to andre2

I just updated to 2765 about 15 minutes ago. It went without a hitch. I'll keep an eye on it but it looks good so far.

andre2

Brookline, MA
reply to andre2

The changes are listed now:

Enhancements & Fixes in Maintenance Release
1.3.0(2765) for OBi100/110 and 3.0.0(3647) for OBi202/OBi302:
OBi202 / OBi302:
- Google Voice Multi-Ring: Use the same Google account on multiple OBi202 devices. Incoming calls to the associated Google Voice number will ring all OBi202 endpoints and the and the stand-alone Google Talk app (Gmail browser-based phone calling excluded).
- Show the first few words of an incoming text / SMS message sent to the Google Voice number on the caller ID name display of the phone(s) attached to the OBi202 phone port(s). The phone will ring once as an audible alert the text message was received. Enable this function in the OBiTALK portal Device Configuration - Google Voice Service settings.
- DNS SRV (TCP) Fragmentation Enhancement.
- Addition of DND Dial Tone definition in OBi Tone Profiles. Supports the playing of a DND and Cfwd All dial tone when primary line(s) have DND and Cfwd All enabled. DND has higher priority.
- Support INVITE and BYE failover if ProxyServerRedundancy is enabled.
- Support external conference bridge, with the new UseExternalConferenceBridge option
- Allow MAC address clone functionality on WAN (Ethernet) interface.
- Added X_BypassOutboundProxyInCall option under ITSP Profile to control whether to bypass outbound proxy inside a call (or dialog).
- Support for the use of a SIP request (such as NOTIFY, PING, etc.) as keep alive message.
- Inclusion of MD5 hash for all SIP request headers and SDP. Enable via the new option X_IncludeMessageHash undef ITSP Profile.
- Addition of X_RegisterRetryResponseCodes parameter (under ITSP Profile) to specify which register failure code the OBi device should re-try and with what re-try delay.
- Addition of X_UsePublicAddrressInVia option under ITSP Profile/SIP to control whether to replace private addr in VIA header with the public address (if configured or discovered by the OBi).
- Addition of X_BypassOutboundProxyInCall option under ITSP Profile to control whether to bypass outbound proxy inside a call (or dialog). Default is yes.
- OBiSHARE File/Photo Sharing Enhancements (Coming Soon: See OBiTALK portal for more).
- Various software optimizations to improve performance.

OBi100 / OBi110:
- Fix for playing out-of-band DTMF received via SIP INFO method.

ymhee_bcex
Premium
join:2006-04-21
Tarzana, CA
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·PHONE POWER
·AT&T U-Verse
·VOIPO

said by andre2:

- Show the first few words of an incoming text / SMS message sent to the Google Voice number on the caller ID name display of the phone(s) attached to the OBi202 phone port(s). The phone will ring once as an audible alert the text message was received. Enable this function in the OBiTALK portal Device Configuration - Google Voice Service settings.

Doesn't work for me... There are two threads on OBi forum that discuss this feature; seems like hit and miss
--
Technical problems are more often than not management incompetence masquerading as technical issues

garys_2k
Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI
reply to andre2

I wonder if the DNS SRV patch was to work better with Callcentric's SRV implementation from the DDoS attack.

andre2

Brookline, MA

1 edit
reply to andre2

New firmware:

1.3.0(2774) for OBi100/110 and 3.0.0(3722) for OBi202/OBi302:
OBi202 / OBi302:
- New voice mail message / message waiting alert for Google Voice fix.

Edit: They added more to the listing. New version:

1.3.0(2774) for OBi100/110 and 3.0.0(3722) for OBi202/OBi302:
OBi202 / OBi302:
- New voice mail message / message waiting alert for Google Voice fix.
- Google Voice Multi-Ring: Use the same Google account on multiple OBi202 devices. Incoming calls to the associated Google Voice number will ring all OBi202 endpoints and the and the stand-alone Google Talk app (Gmail browser-based phone calling excluded).
- Addition of DND Dial Tone definition in OBi Tone Profiles. Supports the playing of a DND and Cfwd All dial tone when primary line(s) have DND and Cfwd All enabled. DND has higher priority.
- Support INVITE and BYE failover if ProxyServerRedundancy is enabled.
- Support external conference bridge, with the new UseExternalConferenceBridge option
- Allow MAC address clone functionality on WAN (Ethernet) interface.
- Added X_BypassOutboundProxyInCall option under ITSP Profile to control whether to bypass outbound proxy inside a call (or dialog).
- Support for the use of a SIP request (such as NOTIFY, PING, etc.) as keep alive message.
- Inclusion of MD5 hash for all SIP request headers and SDP. Enable via the new option X_IncludeMessageHash undef ITSP Profile.
- Addition of X_RegisterRetryResponseCodes parameter (under ITSP Profile) to specify which register failure code the OBi device should re-try and with what re-try delay.
- Addition of X_UsePublicAddrressInVia option under ITSP Profile/SIP to control whether to replace private addr in VIA header with the public address (if configured or discovered by the OBi).
- Addition of X_BypassOutboundProxyInCall option under ITSP Profile to control whether to bypass outbound proxy inside a call (or dialog). Default is yes.
- OBiSHARE File/Photo Sharing Enhancements (Coming Soon: See OBiTALK portal for more).

OBi100 / OBi110:
- Fix for playing out-of-band DTMF received via SIP INFO method.

OZO
Premium

Thank you, andre2 See Profile

Jonathan987

join:2006-03-17
North York, ON

did this latest update fix your problems OZO? I am interested in getting such a device, but not if the newest firmware doesn't fix your issues...

OZO
Premium

No, it did not. It looks better, but it's just a first impression and could be subjective... I still see crashes.

I've found the root of the problem. If another party supports ZRTP, OBi100 can crash. It happens in both cases, when it receives call or makes one. It could happen immediately, or some time later during the call. Probable cause is - SIP client, supporting ZRTP, may send "Hello" message to OBi100, asking for ZRTP support (RFC 6189). This message should not disrupt common RTP stream in any way, even less be a cause of the crash...

OBi developers have to look closer at the problem, because these days more and more SIP clients start implementing ZRTP. I'm one, e.g. who is interested in using those SIP clients.
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

JTS33

join:2003-05-03
USA

I've been having an issue lately in which incoming Google Voice calls just go to dead air. I hope this fixes it.

Jonathan987

join:2006-03-17
North York, ON

1 recommendation

reply to OZO

yeah I hope that ZRTP support is enabled in their new firmware...I am interested in it too. They should take the route of the linksys style wrt firmwares and let the community help out with the development/work.