Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike

Re: Sleeping Dogs

Mike, are you playing with keyboard/mouse or with a controller? Most people that have played it on the PC, said the same about the controls until they tried it with a gamepad.

I am one of those that would give the game a 8.5 or 9, though, I played it on 360 (I also paid full price). Most of your negatives are your opinion:

•Subtitles do not bother me one bit (I play with subtitles on in every game I play, just in case I did not hear a line properly or some other noise(s) drowns out the speaker) and makes the game feel more authentic.
•The controls, again from what I have read for PC, are much better on a gamepad.
•Story is not the greatest (it is good, though!), but the voice acting is well done and makes up for some of it.
•I will agree on the interface, as digging around in some of those menus/changing options (such as clothing) were annoying.
•World interaction down to the exact pixel? *shakes head*
•The tutorial is a tutorial. It explained the basic controls and was effective at it.

Mike, maybe just try enjoying a game instead of critiquing every aspect you see to the point of unplayability? You did the same with Metro 2033, which is another great game.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
·Verizon FiOS

Mike

Mod

Metro 2033 was so bad I considered converting to Amish. It ruined electricity for about a week and a half for me.

Maybe I should get a 360 controller. I can't do shooters without the precision of a mouse.

The last good game I played was Saints Row 3. I give it a 9/10.

Assassins Creed camera fights you too. Horrible PC controls.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by Mike:

Metro 2033 was so bad I considered converting to Amish. It ruined electricity for about a week and a half for me.

Maybe I should get a 360 controller. I can't do shooters without the precision of a mouse.

The last good game I played was Saints Row 3. I give it a 9/10.

Assassins Creed camera fights you too. Horrible PC controls.

You give SR3 a 9/10, but you give a D- (a 6.0-7.3/10, depending on the part of the country you're in) to Sleeping Dogs?

And, again, Metro's starting guns and ammo are meant to be junky as they're all homemade, instead of precision-tooled by machines like current military hardware.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

Poor camera, clunky controls, poor interaction with the world. That will pretty much ruin any game.

Fix the camera, fix the controls, fix the world interaction.

It's a B+ game then.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by Mike:

Poor camera, clunky controls, poor interaction with the world. That will pretty much ruin any game.

Fix the camera, fix the controls, fix the world interaction.

It's a B+ game then.

Controller, controller, and controller.