join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20

Re: [WIN8] Hibernation missing?!

Click for full size
Click for full size

When you are looking at the power options inside of Windows 7 and 8, are you looking at the "advanced" options?

If you click on the "Power Options" icon from inside of control panel, you get the screen shown in Picture #1 Not a lot of info or things to change there, that's for sure!

If you then click on "Change Plan Settings" you get what is shown in Picture #2. Again, not a whole lot of options.

However, if you click on "Change Advanced Power Settings", then you get all the power options. Its to much work to get a screen shot of all the options, as you cannot expand the Window. But, in picture #3, is the top part of it.

This is from a desktop, so I only see one set of power options. However, I do know if you look at this section on a laptop, or a desktop with a UPS connected, you will see both "AC Power" and "Battery" options listed under each of the sections.

I do agree that it is a lot of extra steps to get to that information, and in Windows XP (and I think Windows 2000) it was very easy to get at. But, I do believe all of the options are there, and in one nice list.

--Brian