spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ds5v50

join:2003-01-22
Fremont, OH

Anyone familiar with the cat200 controller?

We have a cat 200 running nicely, we have just finished up getting the emergency power notice working. I was wondering if there was a way to make the controller change courtesy tones when on battery power, then swich back after power was restored?
TIA

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8
It looks like you can change the courtesy beep, but you have to be in the program mode to do so.

You -could- build a programmable DTMF board that senses the power loss, injects the audio and does the reprogram to the new tone and subsequently change it back when the power is restored, but that seems like a lot of work (although it would work ).

I did find the following in the manual (page 3-5):

quote:
1. Logic Input #1 Enable
When this channel is enabled, a logic active high input on connector J3-1 will activate voice message #3. This message is user programmable. The default message is "EMERGENCY POWER".
This would be a lot easier. It is unclear how often this message is delivered...the change in the courtesy beep is a more elegant solution.
--
Don't ask questions -- just do as you're told.

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-10
Columbia, MO
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Socket Internet ..
reply to ds5v50
I'm not familiar with the CAT controllers (we use Link here), but can these run a macro on power loss? If so, you should be able to write a macro to change the beep...

(that's how the Link's do it, anyway)
--
"When the hammer drops, the bullshit stops"

ds5v50

Fremont, OH
reply to John Galt
said by John Galt:

It looks like you can change the courtesy beep, but you have to be in the program mode to do so.

You -could- build a programmable DTMF board that senses the power loss, injects the audio and does the reprogram to the new tone and subsequently change it back when the power is restored, but that seems like a lot of work (although it would work ).

I did find the following in the manual (page 3-5):

quote:
1. Logic Input #1 Enable
When this channel is enabled, a logic active high input on connector J3-1 will activate voice message #3. This message is user programmable. The default message is "EMERGENCY POWER".
This would be a lot easier. It is unclear how often this message is delivered...the change in the courtesy beep is a more elegant solution.

We already have that function working flawlessly, the problem is we never know when the outage is over.

thanks for the response.
--
Fremont, Ohio Weather
»www.Fremont-OH-weather.com

ds5v50

Fremont, OH
reply to alphapointe
the higher priced controllers have the macro ability. 500, 700's The 200's are quite basic.

thanks