Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:2
reply to bobjohnson

Re: This shouldn't be "testing"

said by bobjohnson:

You're gonna get a half assed job with this. There is either gonna be techs sitting around doing nothing until that hour window comes up or a tech that would normally do more at your job is going to rush it to get to the next one. Contractors only get paid if they do the job, none (with exceptions) want to give their jobs away.

I have to agree completely. And at least here in Austin, it would seem that to hit that 1 hour window, they are just booking fewer jobs each day. My call for a repair is scheduled 2 weeks from now.
--
Intel i7-2600k /ASRock P67 Extreme4 /4x 4Gb G.Skill /2x Intel 510 series 250Gb SSD /3x WD20EADS 2TB /2x PNY GTX 260 /Silverstone 850W /Custom water cooler /Antec Twelve-Hundred

bobjohnson
Premium
join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
said by Camelot One:

said by bobjohnson:

You're gonna get a half assed job with this. There is either gonna be techs sitting around doing nothing until that hour window comes up or a tech that would normally do more at your job is going to rush it to get to the next one. Contractors only get paid if they do the job, none (with exceptions) want to give their jobs away.

I have to agree completely. And at least here in Austin, it would seem that to hit that 1 hour window, they are just booking fewer jobs each day. My call for a repair is scheduled 2 weeks from now.

Yeah, this is another problem... If you have 10 techs and 100 jobs, you can give 3 8-12's, 3 1-5's and 2 after 5's as an example.. This way they probably do 1 8-9, 1-10-11, 1 1-2, etc. Instead of those 8 jobs now one tech is only gonna get 5 or 6 max. Exactly why your appointment is 2 weeks out instead of 2 days.
--