Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

C610A IP handset update tone

Anyone know how to disable the sound each handset makes when they check in with the base and do an update of settings?

Trev
IP Telephony Addict
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC
kudos:6

I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to. As far as I know, mine doesn't make any sounds at all unless it's to tell you about
- an incoming call
- voice mail
- low battery
- charging
--
Wondering what I do? Find out at »www.digitalcon.ca
Get your Obihai ATA in Canada.

ropeguru
Premium
Mechanicsville, VA

Strange.. Mine make a sounds across all the handsets every so often. They all make the sound within a second of each other.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

Are you sure that your unit is not momentarily dropping registration and/or rebooting, due to:

*Provider issue
*ISP
*Electrical brownout (even for a couple of seconds) either due to your electric company, or due to power drops in your house such as when the refrigerator or HVAC kicks on?

ropeguru
Premium
Mechanicsville, VA

said by PX Eliezer7:

Are you sure that your unit is not momentarily dropping registration and/or rebooting, due to:

*Provider issue
*ISP
*Electrical brownout (even for a couple of seconds) either due to your electric company, or due to power drops in your house such as when the refrigerator or HVAC kicks on?

Yes. As I have been physically looking at the phone when this happens. No error messages at all on the handset and no indication on the base unit of any of those issues.

borntochill

join:2003-02-09
united state
reply to ropeguru

Not to hijack this thread, but on a related note, is there any way to suppress the "pop pop pop" sound the Gigaset handsets make upon notification of new voicemail waiting? I like the flashing red envelope icon, but don't want any sound on handsets which have the ringer shut off.

ropeguru
Premium
Mechanicsville, VA

said by borntochill:

Not to hijack this thread, but on a related note, is there any way to suppress the "pop pop pop" sound the Gigaset handsets make upon notification of new voicemail waiting? I like the flashing red envelope icon, but don't want any sound on handsets which have the ringer shut off.

No worries as the "pop pop pop" you described is exactly what I am hearing however, I have no indication of any voicemail. Funny that the sound happened with the phone on my lap just as I read your post.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to borntochill

said by borntochill:

Not to hijack this thread, but on a related note, is there any way to suppress the "pop pop pop" sound the Gigaset handsets make upon notification of new voicemail waiting?

On older handsets:

Menu---Settings---Audio Settings---Advisory Tones

One newer handsets it's [something] like this:

Menu---Settings---Audio Settings---Advisory Tones---Confirmation Tone

ropeguru
Premium
Mechanicsville, VA

IS that per handset or can it be set globally?

borntochill

united state
reply to PX Eliezer7

said by PX Eliezer7:

said by borntochill:

Not to hijack this thread, but on a related note, is there any way to suppress the "pop pop pop" sound the Gigaset handsets make upon notification of new voicemail waiting?

On older handsets:

Menu---Settings---Audio Settings---Advisory Tones

One newer handsets it's [something] like this:

Menu---Settings---Audio Settings---Advisory Tones---Confirmation Tone

Brilliant. Thanks PX.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
reply to ropeguru

Not sure but I imagine it's per-handset.

That would be logical, anyway.

borntochill

united state
reply to ropeguru

said by ropeguru:

No worries as the "pop pop pop" you described is exactly what I am hearing however, I have no indication of any voicemail. Funny that the sound happened with the phone on my lap just as I read your post.

You might also want to check the Gigaset's web configuration: Messaging>MWI Light. You have options there to have your handset MWI light respond to various things like missed calls, email, etc. in addition to voice mail. You'll want to disable what you don't want or need.