All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sandman_1
join:2011-04-23

sandman_1

Standard cable

Just have Time Warner Internet but I was getting standard cable with it. For the longest time, they didn't bother putting a trap on our line for whatever reason so we had what 60 channels or so. Then a month and half ago, they had some guy going through the neighborhood and I guess putting traps on lines with only Internet service customers. They didn't block most of the local OTA stations but they did for whatever reason block the NBC affiliate here which I found strange. If they were attempting to get us to sign up for a plan because we lost all of those channels, they were mistaken to say the least.

Anyway we were rocked about the change for about a day but I have a Winegard MS-2002, with an amp, that I reconnected and pull in around 36 channels OTA. We download the stuff we watched before and have our OTA channels to watch local sports and stuff if need be, only watch a few sports. We are not even missing the crap they had on standard cable and you don't realize how much crap there is until you "unhook". Most of it was terrible reality shows, I would say 90% now on most of the channels I use to watch: Discovery, Natgeo, History, ect..