All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

outspoken
@verizon.net

outspoken

Anon

[Northeast] Really slow 75/35

Normally I am flying along at 9.8MB/s but for the last few weeks it has been spotty with a current speed of 2.2MB/s

I have tried several download/upload sources and they all give the same results with speeds dipping down into 1.8MB/s territory.

As of this writing I am getting 4.5MB/s which is about half of what I normally expect.

Think my area has been saturated? Should I call a tech?
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k

I am also on 75/35 and I always hit 11.00 MB/s and 2 days asgo around 8M I was getting 50-70 never reached 85 but problem got fixed few hours later when I came home.. really weaird maybe servers are sometimes not being able to pull out our speeds?
serge87
join:2009-11-29
New York

serge87 to outspoken

to outspoken
What state do you live in? I'm going to guess NY or NJ? It seems a lot of these slowdowns are becoming less rare for those living in these areas. I wonder if Sandy caused re-routing of pathways that caused the alternate routes to be overloaded

outspoken
@verizon.net

outspoken

Anon

initially my speeds were SUPER fast because during Sandy I had a generator and was one of the few in my neighborhood who actually had internet working.

You're right though, if in fact after everything settled they decided to re-arrange things. Also they now have the "Ultimate" package that has 300Mbit down for business, so maybe that has had an impact?

I live in Westchester, NY about 40mins north of NYC.
serge87
join:2009-11-29
New York

serge87

said by outspoken :

initially my speeds were SUPER fast because during Sandy I had a generator and was one of the few in my neighborhood who actually had internet working.

You're right though, if in fact after everything settled they decided to re-arrange things. Also they now have the "Ultimate" package that has 300Mbit down for business, so maybe that has had an impact?

I live in Westchester, NY about 40mins north of NYC.

I upgraded from 150 to 300 and easily see 300+ at all times of the day, 8pm, 4am, rock steady. I am farther upstate than you so maybe that's a factor.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to outspoken

to outspoken
and I am from Queens, NY for example when I go to speedtest.net closest server that the site choses is never giving me 84 mbps unless it's like 2-3 am, the site I always use for speedtest is »speedtest.comcast.net and the Plainfield,NJ server.