All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
26369924 (banned)
join:2005-10-25
Wellston, OH

26369924 (banned)

[Applications] - Printing Local and Remote - NO CloudPrint!

I looked at this off and on and in the "Must Have Applications" and not found a clear cut winnter.

First, NO google cloudprint, I don't use windows or mac so its not compatible with Linux even though they use it to run it!

Want to print to various networked HP printers via 802.11a/b/g or bluetooth.

Print all forms of documents not just photos, what ever I get as an attachment in gmail, or ThinkOffice etc...

Compatible with Android 2.3.6 at a minimum.

Free is best, but I will consider paid applications if they are mature and live up to their fee in features and support.

Mostly various HP printers in use all are on network connections either wired of 802.11a/b/g/

PrinterShare seems to be 50/50 as either you love or hate, and the horror stories I've heard in regards to it are not enticing...

Any one got a clear cut winner in this area? ? ? So has this improved of late since I last looked at this? ? Probably about 2 years or so???

GadgetsRme
RIP lilhurricane and CJ
Premium Member
join:2002-01-30
Canon City, CO

1 edit

GadgetsRme

Premium Member

I use Printer Share at home with a Brother MFC-490CW and at my daughter's place in Kansas with a HP, not sure of the model. Both installations were a piece of cake and I have no problems printing over wifi on either with my Toshiba Thrive running ICS rooted. Get the download and the key from the author. The version that came with my tablet wasn't the same as what you get from the author and the license was higher priced from Toshiba.

Edit-The author's version and premium key are on Google Play. The premium key from Google Play will not necessarily work with a preloaded version of the app, I found that out the hard way.

techman
Premium Member
join:2004-09-01
Ayden, NC

techman to 26369924

Premium Member

to 26369924
You might want to take a look at FileLinx PRO. It is a fairly new product and looks very good.

This is what it claims to do:

FileLinx Pro will print to any default printer connected to your computer. FileLinx Pro in this instance is very similar to Printbot, Google Cloudprint, and Eprint without the need for special printers, drivers, or extra fees. It does not matter if the printer is connected via Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or direct cable. FileLinx Pro will print to it. Unlike many other print programs, FileLinx Pro will print most files types such as Microsoft Word (.DOC,.DOCX), Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, HTML, HTM, Text Files, PDF, Gmail, Google Docs, RTF, Open Office (Mht,Odt), Image Files (Jpg, Jpeg, Bmp, Png, Gif, Tiff ).