espaeth
Digital Plumber
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN
kudos:2

1 recommendation

HBO will now be $17.99/mo (up $2)

Congratulations, HBO. You have discovered the price point that will finally motivate me to call up and cancel my subscription to your network.

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

$17.99 for one channel? I haven't subscribed to movie channels in probably 15 years but that seems ridiculous.

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to espaeth

That is insane. FOr the last year I have been getting all of the premium movie channels at $6.99 each for 6 months. When they expire I call up and tell them it is too expensive to have all of them and they renew my 6 months "deal." I really don't want any of the "exclusive" shows on those channels. Was keeping them around for the one or two movies that I want to see during the month but it just isn't worth it anymore.

amenite
The Soylent - It's People
Premium
join:2002-11-21
Ridgewood, NJ

Seems like I pick up more full length uncut movies on HDNet than I ever do on HBO, and HDNet is no extra fee with my Fios plan. Also seems like it was around this time last year that I got fed up enough with DirecTV that I bailed. Happy and saving $$ ever since, and this sure is no reason to go back!
--
Time is an abstract concept invented by carbon based life forms to monitor their constant decay.-Thunderclese

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
reply to obeythelaw

chances are that is for at least 3 HBOs. You don't normally get 1 anymore with Digital cable.

cousintim

join:2004-10-10
Dallas, TX
reply to amenite

In its early years, HBO was $7.95.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by cousintim:

And if you take inflation into account that would be over $20 a month. No HD, no online access and just one channel.

itguy05

join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA
reply to espaeth

said by espaeth:

Congratulations, HBO. You have discovered the price point that will finally motivate me to call up and cancel my subscription to your network.

We gave it up after the Sopranos and then when Big Love was done. I'd add it when the shows started and remove it when they were done. Worked well and we would usually be on some promo so it wasn't full price. There is nothing on HBO worth $18/mo.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to espaeth

said by espaeth:

you'd think for that much they'd put on more than 20 DIFFERENT movies a month!!1
--
Despises any post with strings.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to cousintim

said by cousintim:

for me SUPER CHANNEL 4[aka hbo] was $2.50 a month and there wasn't so many rerun movies like there is now. you're lucky to get 20 different movies a month now!!1
--
Despises any post with strings.