uniqs
share rss forum feed

brianiscool

join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL
kudos:1

1 recommendation

BOOO

I wouldn't be happy to be appointed that job position. Can you imagine how much hate e-mail he will receive ? lol

nothing00

join:2001-06-10
Centereach, NY

Last hope. The FTC.

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19

1 recommendation

reply to brianiscool

I doubt he has time to read email with those corporate balls squarely on his chin.

AnonMan

@comcast.net
reply to brianiscool

He won't care too much. The big greedy companies will send him millions over time.

Our government is just another crappy run business.

If it wasn't they would allow me or you to just build our own internet and sell it. But nooo, too many regulations or laws or rules saying you can't go in this area because someone else is or you can't have this permit or that or you can't use these poles etc.. Thus we get no competition and get raped.

quetwo
That VoIP Guy
Premium
join:2004-09-04
East Lansing, MI
reply to brianiscool

Yeah... He's my boss right now (he is our department chair in the Telecommunications Department at MSU).

His paper was right -- usage based pricing DO make good economic sense -- for the industry (not for consumers).

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

1 edit
reply to AnonMan

said by AnonMan :

... too many regulations or laws or rules saying you can't go in this area because someone else is or you can't have this permit or that or you can't use these poles etc..

AT&T Broadband Internet bought an HFC plant which overlaid TCI in the south S.F. Bay Area. The plant was deployed on the local utility poles.

PG&E will happily rent space on their poles. All that keeps the poles from being overburdened is minimum road clearance regulations, and minimum clearance to the electric lines.

TTBMK, there are no exclusive laws in California preventing overbuilding; else how could Sonic.net, LLC deploy fiber in Sebastopol, California.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

okcaver54

join:2006-02-19
Sand Springs, OK
reply to AnonMan

I am afraid this comment seems to be right on.
--
DW7000 PRO, Networked

Baud1200

join:2003-02-10
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to brianiscool

Well written article Karl, sadly most you read are either payed to suck up to the industry, fear it (or not receiving further review products from it), or are too ignorant to draw these conclusions.

Good work documenting this for what it is, pure corporate greed and chronie capitalism, where the big companies get away with next to anything as long as they buddy up to those that lobby the government.

Will be a great day indeed when people wake up to these shills, people like Wildman deserve to be dragged out and pissed on, and if there was any fair legal process initiated by the people themselves instead of the government mandated courts, the prior is the least of what would happen to them.