drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Re: Holiday Haul

Really surprised no one else has anything to add!

Canikontaxus must be hurting this holiday season.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

I got a 10 year old Lincoln Town Car for Christmas and spent about 1K getting it up to snuff.

I plan on taking a road trip next year to some places of interest.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

I love town cars... I don't want to own one, but riding in one is super nice.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

My everyday car is a 95' Toyota Camry wagon and this Lincoln is a boat in comparison.

I could rent out the trunk to a homeless person.
krazyboi
Premium Member
join:2008-06-27
Mckinney, TX

krazyboi to drew

Premium Member

to drew
said by drew:

Really surprised no one else has anything to add!

Canikontaxus must be hurting this holiday season.

My homeowners asked me to do their Breakfast with Santa pictures a couple of weeks ago and since it was indoors and not so bright lights(elem school cafeteria) I needed a little more strobist gear

So for an early christmas gift I picked up an used sb28, umbrella, stand, and a couple receivers. Now I see why people push sync ports on flashes... I dug out my dad's old sb22 (that wouldn't fire before), and now I can thanks to the sync port. So I went from having one flash to three.

...And the Breakfast with Santa event went great with just about no issues. Took almost 200 family shots and didn't have to change out batteries on anything. We had the camera tethered to a laptop and canon selphy printer-parents got their print a little after it was taken. Having the strobes was great, no cords for the kids to trip over!