San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to silbaco

Re: Ok.

said by silbaco:

Just because they have employees breaking the law doesn't mean it gives you rights to break the law.

No, but it does mean that the TLAs and Corporations should also participate in "Six Strikes", and such.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
They have business accounts. Business accounts will never have 6 strike policies.

Pirate515
Premium
join:2001-01-22
Brooklyn, NY
said by silbaco:

They have business accounts. Business accounts will never have 6 strike policies.

From DMCA standpoint, the procedure is the same for individuals or businesses. If a copyright holder flags an IP address distributing their content illegally, their service provider gets contacted to reveal the name behind the IP (be it an individual or a business). Businesses are probably much easier for ISP's to pinpoint given how many of them have static IP's and even dedicated IP ranges. Of course, some ISP's might think twice before ratting out a business that's bringing a sizable revenue compared to individual Joe Schmoes like us, but since DMCA states that ISP will be liable for damages if they don't hand the name over, at the end of the day they do it anyway.
--
Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies...
A MESSAGE to the RIAA and the MPAA: You shouldn't wound what you can't kill...

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to silbaco
said by silbaco:

Despite that businesses have equally rampant piracy as residential services, and deeper pockets. From which I deduce that the business of business is to piss on the consumer.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum