uniqs
share rss forum feed

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Closed NAT, anyways to open?

Millenicom advanced plan with Cradlepoint MBR95.

Is there anyway to open up the NAT through the router or is it something closed off by verizon? Whenever I login to xbox live and try to play a online match of halo, It tells me that my NAT is set to strict or closed and that it might take awhile to connect. It gets annoying when I want to play with a friend because I cant connect to them.

TIA.
--
»mc-buildville.enjin.com/

sheltc

@mycingular.net

I purchased the Cradlepoint MBR95. Originally, when i used the ethernet to connect to my Xbox, I had an open NAT right away. I have been very pleased with the results. I just noticed yesterday that it had converted to NAT type Strict again. I am going to try to use Port Forwarding to solve this issue. I don't know what has changed that would cause this either. If i find any solutions i will post.

Dexter1992

join:2010-07-16
Winona, MN

1 edit
reply to Duramax08

I have an MBR-1000, and occasionally game on a PS3. Most MP games, will say either NAT Type is Open, Moderate, or Strict. It's good to point out that an Open NAT will not directly decrease the amount of lag. An Open NAT means all ports are open required by the specific game, and thus increasing the amount oh hosts seen, and increases the chances of finding a host closer to your location. That way, you get the best chance of finding a good quality match. If not already mentioned, your modem's primary Home Agent(HA) should be set to the closest server available.

I have tried DMZ, Port Forwarding, UPnP, changing NAT to Endpoint Independent....etc. I would set a DHCP Reservation your Xbox, and at least with my MBR-1000 gives me presets:

Microsoft Xbox 360 (All Games):

TCP Ports: 53, 80, 3074
UDP Ports: 53, 88, 3074

Have those set your Xbox, make sure UPnP is enabled in the router if available.