Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gemstone
Premium
join:2000-12-20
Long Island

Laptop recommendations

Looking to buy a new laptop... Budget is $600 max after everything... I would rather have it running on Win 7 OS instead of Win 8... The choices are confusing so I am looking for some experts opinion... Use will be internet, home computing, mechanical CAD, stuff like that... Not into gaming... Here are a few I have found:

»www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+15.6···=5396361

»www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+15.6···ications

»www.tigerdirect.com/applications···tId=4937
--
Go Mark Martin!

Max_War

join:2002-11-30
Scarborough, ON

All 3 are great choices. I would suggest the silver Asus as my first pick, followed by the HP Probook and black Asus.

Gemstone
Premium
Long Island

said by Max_War:

All 3 are great choices. I would suggest the silver Asus as my first pick, followed by the HP Probook and black Asus.

One more I found... Has Intel i5 instead of i3 uP... What do you think?

»www.tigerdirect.com/applications···=4904362
--
Go Mark Martin!

FizzyMyNizzy

join:2004-05-29
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

»www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+15.6···ications

I would pick that... but have you try newegg? or cyberpowerpc, and ibuypower. they also sell laptop.

Max_War

join:2002-11-30
Scarborough, ON
reply to Gemstone

I would still go for the silver Asus. Mainly because I like the manufacturer. My motherboard/graphics card and laptop are all Asus.

Gemstone
Premium
Long Island

said by Max_War:

I would still go for the silver Asus. Mainly because I like the manufacturer. My motherboard/graphics card and laptop are all Asus.

Thanks... The ASUS machine was out of stock with no expected ship date at this time... I didn't want to wait any longer so I went for the HP ProBook 4540s C6Z37UT (Intel i5 uP)... TigerDirect had it for a good price... Hopefully I made an OK decision...
--
Go Mark Martin!