silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to NormanS

Premium Member

to NormanS

Re: Ok.

They have business accounts. Business accounts will never have 6 strike policies.

Pirate515
Premium Member
join:2001-01-22
Brooklyn, NY

Pirate515

Premium Member

said by silbaco:

They have business accounts. Business accounts will never have 6 strike policies.

From DMCA standpoint, the procedure is the same for individuals or businesses. If a copyright holder flags an IP address distributing their content illegally, their service provider gets contacted to reveal the name behind the IP (be it an individual or a business). Businesses are probably much easier for ISP's to pinpoint given how many of them have static IP's and even dedicated IP ranges. Of course, some ISP's might think twice before ratting out a business that's bringing a sizable revenue compared to individual Joe Schmoes like us, but since DMCA states that ISP will be liable for damages if they don't hand the name over, at the end of the day they do it anyway.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to silbaco

MVM

to silbaco
said by silbaco:

Despite that businesses have equally rampant piracy as residential services, and deeper pockets. From which I deduce that the business of business is to piss on the consumer.