Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_ to Hayward0

Premium Member

to Hayward0

Re: Samsung galaxy S3 (boost)

What's odd is, I watched a YouTube video and it still DIMMED!! What's the point? Still a nice phone but..

Also, are the two buttons on the left hand side notification buttons?

-Rklb
Mister_E
join:2004-04-02
Etobicoke, ON

Mister_E

The screen timeout should work - my wife's S3 is set to 2 minutes and it works perfectly.

As for text message notifications - the S3 does have an LED that can be configured to notify you of different events. Otherwise, there are apps that can flash the entire display (No LED, Missed Call Reminder).

For the S3 screen dimming - check your Power Saving options - there's an option in there for Screen Dimming - disable it and test.

Also, check your screen brightness settings - if set to Auto it will dimm/brighten dependent upon the lighting in the environment (i.e. dark rooms=low brightness / bright outdoors=max brightness).

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to Rob_

Premium Member

to Rob_
said by Rob_:

What's odd is, I watched a YouTube video and it still DIMMED!! What's the point? Still a nice phone but..

-Rklb

Now that shouldn't happen, if the sleep is set to a long period like 30 min.

But again notification illumination is an unsetable preset few seconds for if you are semi paying attentionn a noisy place you might not hear the tones or they are turned off..