Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

1 edit

iLounge's iTunes 11 Survey

Click for full size
Seems I'm part of the 48% -- after trying iTunes 11 for a day, I downgraded.

A significant 48 percent of respondents indicated that they didn’t care for any of the new features and don’t like iTunes 11 at all. Among the remaining responses, 26 percent liked the new user interface in general, 13 percent preferred the Up Next play queuing feature, five percent leaned toward iTunes in the Cloud integration, and four percent specifically liked the new Mini Player interface. Two percent of readers indicated camera-based gift card redemption as their fave new feature, while a handful indicated a preference for the addition of a Home Videos category and Live Search, coming in at one percent apiece.

Source: »www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/c···-begins/
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
I love it. So much better than the old version. And the camera-card redemption is really cool
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

M A R S
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Long Island
kudos:1
reply to darcilicious
I think its SO MUCH BETTER. Im so happy cover flow is GONE. I detest that crap.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
said by M A R S:

I think its SO MUCH BETTER. Im so happy cover flow is GONE. I detest that crap.

And that's what I miss most!

(And it's not like you had to use it, very easy not to, in fact...)
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

M A R S
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Long Island
I know. I also hate how it found its way to other parts of the OS too.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to darcilicious
I prefer the old version. The old version's album sort was better and the new search absolutely sucks. I am glad to see useless coverflow is dead and replaced with the better grid view drop down.
--
In a nation of spoiled children, Santa Claus always wins.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
reply to darcilicious
After all of the delays I'm like what took so long?! I do prefer the new version slightly over the old though. The cover flow in my opinion was never a useful feature, but something you show your friends (ohh look at what I can do) then go back to artist or album view on a daily basis.
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

gattaca
Premium
join:2003-05-28
USA
reply to darcilicious
As a Windows user, performance was much improved with iTunes 11. That alone makes it a must-have update, even though I could take or leave the new UI.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
said by gattaca:

As a Windows user, performance was much improved with iTunes 11. That alone makes it a must-have update, even though I could take or leave the new UI.

Interesting. I did not see any improvement. It's bad to the point I gave up waiting for a decent Windows version and bought a Mac just to run as an iTunes server.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

gattaca
Premium
join:2003-05-28
USA
said by Nezmo:

said by gattaca:

Interesting. I did not see any improvement. It's bad to the point I gave up waiting for a decent Windows version and bought a Mac just to run as an iTunes server.

I still consider the Mac version to be a better performer overall, but at least in my use cases, memory usage and cpu usage dropped significantly with iTunes 11. And the apps starts up much quicker than it used to for me.

Though my experience with prior Windows versions of iTunes is the same as your ongoing experience - painfully slow to the point of being nearly unusable.

Darkfairy
Aeolus, your daughter flies.
Premium
join:2003-03-17
Tampa, FL
reply to darcilicious
I personally like the new update, my only issue is I no longer use iTunes. Spotify has taken over almost all of my music listening, incredibly enough. I find there's only a dozen or so albums it doesn't have so those I put on Google Music.
--
Fairy Blessings,
Stefanie

techguyga
Premium
join:2003-12-31
Buford, GA
reply to darcilicious
I would be okay with iTunes 11 if they hadn't removed iTunes DJ. For that reason alone, i hate it.

Darkfairy
Aeolus, your daughter flies.
Premium
join:2003-03-17
Tampa, FL
Ever try Virtual DJ?

»www.virtualdj.com
--
Fairy Blessings,
Stefanie

MJB

join:2012-01-29
reply to darcilicious
the cloud.. can't play podcast without internet access.. you can start it with internet access (can't without) but it will continue to play when you shut off the internet wifi or modem. downgrade!!