Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

reply to Dustyn

Re: [Free/Paid] Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70 Released!

said by Dustyn:

said by antdude:

Ugh, it wants a reboot on my old, updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine.

Same.

Annoying.

TonyKlein
Premium
join:2001-07-02
Netherlands

2 recommendations

said by antdude:

said by Dustyn:

said by antdude:

Ugh, it wants a reboot on my old, updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine.

Same.

Annoying.

With all due respect, I've always failed to understand why people find that so annoying. Many installers will prompt for a restart if they need to replace any files in use during the installation.

After all, it's not as if you're updating or installing new software all day long, and moreover you can usually postpone a reboot until it's convenient

-------------
Tony CLSID List - A Collection of Autostart Locations

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by TonyKlein:

With all due respect, I've always failed to understand why people find that so annoying. Many installers will prompt for a restart if they need to replace any files in use during the installation.

After all, it's not as if you're updating or installing new software all day long, and moreover you can usually postpone a reboot until it's convenient

But the program can't be used again until the reboot happens. The program should try to unlock the unused files by exiting itself.
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.