spc
uniqs

Cindy Gay
@rr.com

Cindy Gay to JLR

Anon

to JLR

Re: [Tampa] Might lose WFLA CH8?

Add my name to those who will drop Bright House if WFLA is dropped!!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Cindy Gay :

Add my name to those who will drop Bright House if WFLA is dropped!!

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. Its up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.

samw
Are you sure? If not check again
Premium Member
join:2009-11-23
Lakeland, FL

1 edit

samw to Cindy Gay

Premium Member

to Cindy Gay
Not to be rude to anyone but what part of BrightHouse not dropping WFLA are you not getting. BrightHouse can only do so much. If WFLA wanted $5 million a year from BrightHouse and BrightHouse didn't want to spend that, then it is WFLA dropping BrightHouse since they are the content holders. All BrightHouse is is the content provider. I don't think regardless unless WFLA liked or supported something unethical that BrightHouse on purpose would drop them. Remember this happens every year with multiple content holders and providers. This is nothing new and never will be. I am fully confident an agreement would be made if that means anything.
Nayan3
join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL

Nayan3

Thank you Sam. Over here in CFL we went through the same thing with Hearst. Hearst told Brighthouse that they no longer gave them permission to broadcast their channels so they had no choice but to take them off. It is not Brighthouse who will pull the channels off, it will be General Media if they decide to not allow Brighthouse to broadcast them.

To those of you who do not seem to grasp this:

If General Media does not give Brighthouse permission to broadcast it's channels, by law Brighthouse cannot broadcast them.

If General Media does not give Brighthouse permission to broadcast it's channels, by law Brighthouse cannot broadcast them.

Got it now??