how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AngryDallas

join:2010-12-06
Dallas, TX

Questions about my 3600HGV. Thanks!

I just got UVerse service activated on 12/6.

I have 3 questions about the 3600HGV:

1. does it have a fan inside of it? I swear I hear a humming starting up and stopping from it.

2. I shut down my computer at night when I go to sleep and I unplug the tower.

But the 3600HGV stays on.

Sometime I hear it click click click.

What's it doing?

3. There is a power button on the front of it but when I push it, it doesn't turn off.

I was thinking of turning it off when I shut down my computer at night.

Too much trouble for me to get underneath the desk and reach behind it to unplug the power plug.

Thanks.

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:3

I don't know about the 1st/2nd questions but for #3 that's not a power button. That "Power Button" is a WPS button from what I've heard. WPS is off by default in the wireless settings.

woodie

join:2000-09-23
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to AngryDallas

I don't hear any fan like noises from mine. Nor do I hear the clicking sounds. Is your's losing sync and reconnecting to the network? Mine is rock solid. Big and ugly, but very quiet!!

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:3

Oh and I just remembered. I didn't have any fan noises on my 3800 which is somewhat similar. Only time I heard a click on it was when I rebooted it and it was syncing back.

Mangix

join:2012-02-16
united state
reply to AngryDallas

1. no

2. could be a faulty capacitor making noise. not sure how to interpret the click click thing. Capacitor squeal is typically high pitched and low-medium volume.

3. WPS PBC button. Although even if you enable WPS, the button still doesn't work right in my experience. Firmware issue I guess.