All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
mpgstuff
join:2003-07-07
Kenosha, WI

mpgstuff to KeyLogger

to KeyLogger

Re: anyone or only the account owner can return modem to them?

Coincidentally I returned my old SB4100 to my local office today. The gentleman at the counter asked me for the street address and then the name on the account (it is not in my name). No ID was necessary, but I did have a bill just in case.

He printed a receipt, which I signed, then gave me a customer copy and I was on my way. Was very fast and convenient.

The receipt I received has office information, account information, and converter information. Under converter information it lists all the devices at the household. It shows my new customer owned modem, the SB4100 I was returning, and the cable boxes. The "serial numbers" listed on this receipt for the modems appear to be their MAC addresses. It also has a column for "ISSUED" date and for the line item being returned it shows "RETURNED".

I've noticed that the returned modem still has not dropped off of the "Subscriber Self Care" > Modem Information page. When I had the new modem provisioned and when I returned the old modem, both representatives assured me that once the new modem was provisioned the lease charge was removed from the bill.