Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to Mele20

Re: Fees undermine fliers' ability to compare fares

said by Mele20:

I sure can't think where they are on the street that is listed. I drive down that street frequently and I have never noticed a travel agency there.

I was able to see a photo of the building on Google Maps street view. It is a large beige office building, 2 stories, with several businesses. There is a banner hanging on the building that says Regal Travel, and it looks like an electric Regal sign in a 2nd floor window.

Anyway, just wanted to say that in my experience a travel agent can be of help when an airline or cruise company screws up and/or simply does not want to make good on something....

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
I did Google maps but I didn't click on the location. I did just now and it had this little photo and would not enlarge it because I had to disable the Flash plugin on Fx as the Proxomitron was not giving me a toggle switch on some sites and stuff would just start playing. I have to go by there tomorrow and look. I think that's the building that used to have a physical therapy place that I went to twice several years ago but they are not there now and I didn't even realize that building had two floors. I have never been in it except for the two physical therapy appointments.

Here's a link on Google that is showing the old address:

Places for regal travel hilo near
Regal Travel
www.regaltravel.com/ - Cached - Similar
Since 1974 our travel agency has been providing exceptional vacation travel planning to help you explore the world. We're travelers also and have been ...
1251 Kilauea Avenue, Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 935-5796
insiderpages.com

Regal was big...big office and operated its own mileage rewards program for many years. Then they downsized drastically and said it was due to that new law about commissions and then they finally disappeared I thought. I would not have thought to look for them on a second floor of some building when since 1974 (about a year and one-half after I arrived) they had been on ground level on the shopping center sidewalk with huge windows and lots of enticing ads and photos of places to travel to and even when they moved it was still big windows and on the sidewalk just smaller space. Moving from the oldest (and very well maintained) shopping center here with high visibility to a building in the downtown general vicinity but second floor and I think part of the main floor is unoccupied for years now...well, that says that commission policy change did hurt them ((and so many getting computers and using online to book travel).

That's a good point about a travel agent being useful to have if the vacation, cruise, etc was messed up. I can readily see the value if the trip involves more than one location, a variety of hotels, rental cars, paid excursions, etc.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson