« Java update.Tool bar »
This is a sub-selection from [WIN7] Flash kills my PC
60632649 (banned)
join:2003-09-29
New York, NY

60632649 (banned) to C0deZer0

to C0deZer0

Re: [WIN7] Flash kills my PC

Also unless you have a specific reason to use the latest flash version, why not just use a known stable old version? Uninstall the new flash, it's known crap, reboot, install the known good version, reboot, then you're computer's good to go. I'm using a seriously old version and I've never seen a website where the content doesn't play properly if it's flash based. v10 for the plugin, v11 for the activex, and get the raw setup from oldversion.com or something.

And don't worry about flash too much, it's so yesterday.
Please also turn off auto updates. Only update if there's a specific reason. Especially from a hack company like adobe.

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0

Premium Member

Problem is, now I don't know which is going to be a "good" version of it anymore.

11.3 has a known issue where no video from youtube plays at all, with the only solution being upgrade or downgrade. And youtube won't allow any videos to play at all on 10.* or earlier.

I uninstalled Waterfox 16 and went to firefox 17, and it auto-installed the current version... and of course that crashed. Chrome eventually crashed the system, too.

I already am running the current version of nvidia's drivers - 310.70... heck, unlike ATI, these drivers would even still be good for my old 6600GT, where they obsolesced out support for the last Radeon card I bought six weeks after I bought it for another system that didn't have integrated graphics to go on.

Creative's site has listed no real driver update for the X-Fi in a while. Just some different software components. I also went and reinstalled the current/last chipset drivers that they had.