This is a sub-selection from Hey
annabelle
join:2012-12-29
Toronto, ON

annabelle to Tx

to Tx

Re: Hey

Yeah, the restocking fee is garbage.

Im not sure why the rep stated up to 15 business days to get my internet up and running. I was assured that it would be a smooth transfer, so after that statement and with no internet for 4 days already, people can probably understand why i wanted to be refunded and take my service elsewhere.

The conversations were recorded on their end. I just made that statement obvious for the personnel at TekSavvy that wanted to confirm what i wrote to "improve their service". Actually everything i stated is in my account notes. The rep yesterday read aloud through the notes and verified that it was all true (4 day credit and free month) and then put me on hold only to come back to tell me nothing can be done.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by annabelle:

Yeah, the restocking fee is garbage.

Im not sure why the rep stated up to 15 business days to get my internet up and running. I was assured that it would be a smooth transfer, so after that statement and with no internet for 4 days already, people can probably understand why i wanted to be refunded and take my service elsewhere.

The conversations were recorded on their end. I just made that statement obvious for the personnel at TekSavvy that wanted to confirm what i wrote to "improve their service". Actually everything i stated is in my account notes. The rep yesterday read aloud through the notes and verified that it was all true (4 day credit and free month) and then put me on hold only to come back to tell me nothing can be done.

They actually acknowledged that yup credit written here and here... please hold...

Sorry nothing we can do?

I'm pretty much asking because i've been in a huge debate about setting up a cable connection with TSI for quite some time now and i've been waiting over a year for things to "get better"
Tx

Tx to annabelle

Premium Member

to annabelle
They actually acknowledged that yup credit written here and here... please hold...

Sorry nothing we can do?

I'm pretty much asking because i've been in a huge debate about setting up a cable connection with TSI for quite some time now and i've been waiting over a year for things to "get better"
annabelle
Toronto, ON

annabelle

Yeah the rep acknowledged the credits and offers and then put me on hold and came back to tell me nothing could be done on his end. He said I could try calling accounting next weekday, but the company is closed on new years eve and day.... And by Jan 2nd, i will have my rogers services back. Im using my phone data to write this reply since my internet got cut off (26 days of service). At least my phone data (koodo) is reliable.

I don't recommend that you set up services with TekSavvy because i had a terrible experience with them. However, I suggest you do your research and thoroughly read the posts before commiting. A lot of people have had delay in setting up their services, refunds or issues with customer service. The speed is also dependent on location so keep that in mind. There are also a lot of 'blackouts' in which regions with TekSavvy would have no service for a few days. None of this has happened to me with Rogers. It's frustrating dealing with these issues and then not getting reimbursement for their inefficiencies. Its also disappointing to see hear "there's nothing i can do right now. Please call back next week"

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by annabelle:

Yeah the rep acknowledged the credits and offers and then put me on hold and came back to tell me nothing could be done on his end. He said I could try calling accounting next weekday, but the company is closed on new years eve and day.... And by Jan 2nd, i will have my rogers services back. Im using my phone data to write this reply since my internet got cut off (26 days of service). At least my phone data (koodo) is reliable.

I don't recommend that you set up services with TekSavvy because i had a terrible experience with them. However, I suggest you do your research and thoroughly read the posts before commiting. A lot of people have had delay in setting up their services, refunds or issues with customer service. The speed is also dependent on location so keep that in mind. There are also a lot of 'blackouts' in which regions with TekSavvy would have no service for a few days. None of this has happened to me with Rogers. It's frustrating dealing with these issues and then not getting reimbursement for their inefficiencies. Its also disappointing to see hear "there's nothing i can do right now. Please call back next week"

Well this is why i was askign about cable. I have had and have TSI DSL for going on 5 years. Rock solid but i had it installed when TSI was a baby compared to now. It was far more personal back in 07 dealing with the usual senior techs by name and if you called enough they knew who you were.

I've been waiting for cable to get a little more streamlined but it seems that's never happening. Obviously TSi relies on Rogers trucks to setup but i think it's how TSI handles the customer during the frustration that matters.

I had DSL installed 3 times. First address was smooth, wife was even impressed with how these guys were, (back when Rocky and Marc were teaming it while gabe fed them timbits every day to refuel) Moved to a townhouse and the move order was smooth, no issues what so ever. There were issues with that unit from the builder, so after a year of fighting with the builder we moved into a bigger unit. Move order completed with ease (slight hiccup but wiring issue was my problem and i fixed it)

And still strong to this day. Now mind you i haven't needed tech support for over 3 years now, but i know a lot has changed since i dealt with the new systems, new employees new everything.

Needless to say, i've been waiting for the cable side to be ironed out for over a year now and it's still a mess.
annabelle
Toronto, ON

annabelle

Its good to hear that you had great support especially from the senior staff. If your dsl is working okay, then perhaps stay with it until TekSavvy customer service improves. I foresee this probably a few years from now as they only have approx 40 support staff at the moment and most of these employees cant do anything for you when an issue arises - they try to pass it onto another rep/department/day. The service itself is decent, but that should be a given as this is what people pay for. I find the defining characteristic in a good service provider is the ability to resolve issues and to compensate when issues can't be fixed in a timely manner. This is something TekSavvy lacks at the moment. It would suck for you to switch to cable and then have problems arise and nothing done to overcome it.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

To be honest i just want to have a rep explain the 15 business day conversation... Curiosity is getting the best of me. We also have a Rogers account setup upstairs for my wife's business and it's rock solid, support is near instant when calling and no wait times in 8 years calling customer service.

Doesn't mean Rogers aren't scum because they are but it is a well oiled machine just crappy packages and prices
annabelle
Toronto, ON

annabelle

I agree with the pricing for Rogers. It can be ridiculously expensive without promotional plans. But like you said, wait times is really good and Rogers is generally very good about compensating for issues.

Example of customer compensation at TekSavvy:
»[Cable] Terrible customer compensation and customer service
« Response.Example of customer compensation »
This is a sub-selection from Hey