spc
uniqs

StuffThings
@telus.net

StuffThings to Foggy

Anon

to Foggy

Re: [BC] TELUS High Speed Turbo 25 Usage being reduced 50%

When Telus implements UBB hit them where it hurts, cancel your tv service, switch your cell provider, whatever you need to do to offset the cost. Then make sure you communicate to Telus why exactly you have cut out these other services. Telus has big money invested in their tv service and will take a hit if subscribers left. Bitching and complaining to them will not help, taking money out of their pockets will. It's easy to be a multi-billion dollar company when there are limited choices for competition.
Kruisey
join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

Before you take this guy/gal suggestion.Why don't you look at Shaw and Bell their charges for internet and TV.Not just the new subscriber rates but regular ones.Also notice the internet use limits for these competitors.
Think before you speak and leap...

StuffThings
@telus.net

StuffThings

Anon

said by Kruisey:

Before you take this guy/gal suggestion.Why don't you look at Shaw and Bell their charges for internet and TV.Not just the new subscriber rates but regular ones.Also notice the internet use limits for these competitors.
Think before you speak and leap...

I didn't recommend switching providers for internet just tv/phone. read before you post.
You will find with most providers that services such as tv are more or less competitive with each other and there are other providers than Bell and Shaw for services like phone. The whole point of UBB is not network congestion control but maximizing profits. It is designed to extract more money from you. Instead of paying up change your services to offset the cost and keep that money out of Darren's yearly bonus. They charge you an extra 10 bucks you cancel your movie central package...etc.
Kruisey
join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

All ISP's charge for usage over the limits of your plan.
We only get the packages we can afford .
All I know is I figured it out I would pay more for my TV packages with the competitors plus a $10 rental fee for box.
The usage limits for internet will be exactly the same as Shaws in February.