how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sillyshydq

join:2012-05-15

[VA] COX Ultimate plan

I just got myself upgraded and have a few questions:

1) Why dose a tech need to come out to instal what are they going to add?

2) Is it really 100MBPS?

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
they don't add anything they check the signals.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to sillyshydq
said by sillyshydq:

I just got myself upgraded and have a few questions:

1) Why dose a tech need to come out to instal what are they going to add?

2) Is it really 100MBPS?

cable currently can't do 800mbps. maybe you mean 100mbps, not 100MBPS
--
Despises any post with strings.

KK29

@cox.net
reply to sillyshydq
1) To charge you $49. They just check the signal on the line. If you have a newer home in a newer neighborhood, you may be fine to just tell them you "had it checked already in the past". If you have problems getting your speed, you know your signals aren't good.

2) It's 100Mbps. Coming January 15th to the Ultimate Tier. It's also being coupled with a price reduction according to the CSA I talked to. Should be $110/mo. If you go to retention/loyalty, you can talk them into a special 12mo deal, but don't tell them I told you.

No word on the upload speed, as the CSA said she didn't hear yet. I assume it'll be 7-12Mbps. Keeping with their usual percentage increase.

emk

join:2010-03-12
San Diego, CA
said by KK29 :

1) To charge you $49. They just check the signal on the line. If you have a newer home in a newer neighborhood, you may be fine to just tell them you "had it checked already in the past". If you have problems getting your speed, you know your signals aren't good.

2) It's 100Mbps. Coming January 15th to the Ultimate Tier. It's also being coupled with a price reduction according to the CSA I talked to. Should be $110/mo. If you go to retention/loyalty, you can talk them into a special 12mo deal, but don't tell them I told you.

No word on the upload speed, as the CSA said she didn't hear yet. I assume it'll be 7-12Mbps. Keeping with their usual percentage increase.

Are the speed incease in all Markets? or just specific markets.
Because I had just upgraded to ultimate couple of weeks ago and would be awesome if they will bump it up to 100Mbps