All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Meatball
join:2006-03-26

Meatball to mpgstuff

to mpgstuff

Re: SB6141 Firmware Update?

Well, the tech had put the levels at near perfect, because I had asked him to. When he was about to leave I was getting 7-8 dBmV down and 35 dBmV up, which according to him was in range and should be fine. Knowing that Motorola wanted closer to 0/40 dBmV, I asked him if he could tweak it and he added a splitter in to move the levels to closer to that.

When I started having problems last evening, I pulled the splitter out for a few hours, which included the time when I talked to the tech that saw the 'signal problems' which amazingly were the same levels that the tech was planning to leave them at in the first place. Regardless, I put the splitter back in, but continued to have problems.
Meatball

Meatball

I've also figured out that every time it happens I see this in the modem Error Logs.

MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=00:xx:xx:xx:1e:02;CMTS-MAC=00:1b:xx:xx:xx:1x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Meatball

1 edit

Meatball

Click for full size
Error Log Mid Crash
Click for full size
Signal Mid Crash
Click for full size
Error Log After Crash
Click for full size
Signal After Crash
Alright, I caught a crash in midstream and grabbed some screenshots. I started losing connection at 2:40 PM ET and saw two error messages in the log and then the upstream signal died. The modem then became unresponsive for a minute or two before finally reconnecting upstream with a bunch more error messages around 2:42.

It happened again at 2:46 and was down till about 2:48, again at 2:56 till about 2:58, at 3:05 to 3:06, at 3:31 to 3:22, at 3:35 to 3:36 and 3:39 to 3:40...