how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cissado
Premium
join:2008-01-14
Clifton, NJ

Can a driveway alert trigger the phone to ring...?

Hey guys. I'm not sure where exactly this question should go, but it may be good here.

My brother has a Panasonic phone system in his house. It is hard wired together and has doorbells and door openers wired to it as well. When you ring the doorbell, all the phones ring and you can press a button on the phone to trigger the door to open and let the person in. The system is interchangeable to businesses and residential applications, I guess.

He wants to be alerted by someone going into the driveway, with the phone rings/tones like the front door does when someone rings the doorbell. I know of the Harbor freight type "driveway alert" sensors that alert you when someone passes a beam, but how can something like that be hooked up to a phone system, if it is even possible?

The push-buttons on the doors can, in his case, be connected to four doors on this system, but he only has two connected. I'm thinking of the two which are left, something could be done to trigger them with the driveway sensor of some kind.

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
Just need a relay contact of some kind.. ?
--
"Recognize, Realize, and Repent"

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

1 recommendation

reply to cissado
Sensor output wired to a relay which closes the contacts to a doorbell input.

cissado
Premium
Clifton, NJ
said by Bob4:

Sensor output wired to a relay which closes the contacts to a doorbell input.

I have the driveway alert with the remote sensor and alarm for inside the house. Do you think those can be wired to trigger a relay for this?

nunya
LXI 483
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
reply to cissado
Deluxe Driveway Alert® EXT LR with the contactor accessory (relay module) »www.drivewayalert.com/accessorie···y-module
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

cissado
Premium
Clifton, NJ
Thank you! I'll check them out.

Thanks for all the replies.