uniqs
share rss forum feed

xrayman

join:2008-12-09
Kansas City
kudos:1
reply to applerule

Re: Ordered my Millenicom Modem, Need help improving signal

I would try a directional antenna first, that should bump up the numbers to the point you will be getting the faster LTE speeds.
When it comes to pulling in a good clean signal mounting the antenna higher most always is best. A clear shot toward the cell tower is also good.

applerule

join:2012-12-23
Mars Hill, NC
Reviews:
·US Cellular
·Frontier Communi..
·Millenicom

I definitely don't have line of sight to any tower around me. Is the directional panel antenna any good? ( »3gstore.com/product/2875_wilson-···453.html ) or should I be looking at something like a full blown yagi antenna?

I don't know exactly where the tower is, but I figure I will be safe pointing toward town and adjust the antenna until I get good RSSI. I've tried looking at several tower finding sites and I'm not finding anything that stands out as a Verizon tower to me on the listings.

Do you think a directional antenna will raise my signal enough to give me better speeds, or should I go ahead and buy an amp as well?

bodosom
Legerdemain
Premium
join:2004-03-05
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by applerule:

s the directional panel antenna any good?

I'm using that antenna indoors (I might move it outside when it's not winter) and it increased my typical SINR from 8 to 20dB and speeds from ~8Mb to ~15Mb (3 bars to 4). I'm 4.6 miles from the tower near the edge of Verizon's LTE coverage map area. Speeds are variable but it's mostly good. I can get 40Mb down within a half mile of the tower.

I wasn't real happy with customer service at the 3Gstore but they ship quickly.