Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal to bwhaley

MVM

to bwhaley

Re: SB6141 requires regular reboot

With your signal levels as good as they are, they would have to shift quite far for them to go out of spec. You can monitor them throughout a 24hr period to actually see if they are massively sliding. Chances are that the signal levels aren't the issue.

There isn't a router involved here by chance?

Bwhaley
@mycingular.net

Bwhaley

Anon

There is indeed a router. I jumped to the conclusion that it was the modem since I never notice problems with the router. What are you thinking it could be?

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

1 recommendation

Johkal

MVM

Connect a PC/Laptop, etc. directly to the modem eliminating the router. Monitor your connection for a day; periodically viewing your levels & logs. If you still have issues, at least you have eliminated the router.

Out of curiosity: record if any of the frequencies are changing with either downstream or upstream.

bwhaley
@neopolitan.com

bwhaley

Anon

I've been monitoring this for the past 2 days and haven't needed a single reboot. Nothing changed on my end so perhaps Comcast fixed something.

Thanks very much for your assistance Johkal!

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

This was with the router in place?

bwhaley
@neopolitan.com

bwhaley

Anon

Yes. I actually never had to connect directly to the modem to execute the test you suggested since the problem never cropped up since my previous post.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

Well then, that was the "easy button".

Good luck with your connection.