Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TLxRaCeR

join:2002-04-17
Anaheim, CA
reply to TLxRaCeR

Re: [DSL] DSL problem with rain. Need help without sarcasism fro

Thanks dslx_nick and CCarson.. I think they fixed it.

UPDATE: There was no dsl sync and static on my phone line until ATT came out today during the rain. The tech spend about an hour tracking down the problem. He said that he changed my line to a different clean line. He seemed to be in a rush, so I didn't want to hold him up by asking too many questions. It's been about 45 minutes and my dsl is solid. Current speeds are lower than my usual but this is what I getting right now.

Thanks Nick for getting ATT to come out while it was raining. In the past, ATT took about a week to come out, and by the time they did, the lines were dry and wouldn't pursue fixing my problem.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:30

1 edit
Glad to be of assistance. According to the latest updates from AT&T, they are still seeing some trouble outside (no need to go inside, so you don't need to be home), so they have a follow-up dispatch to the field scheduled for tomorrow.

Edit: Ack! Disregard the second half of this post, accidentally got this crossed with someone else who also had a dispatch scheduled today. Sorry, my bad. For THIS dispatch, they repaired a defective F2 cable (outside cable), and you shouldn't have any more disruptions due to rain. (Still glad to be of assistance, just sorry for the mix-up!)

TLxRaCeR

Anaheim, CA
Hey Nick.. Can you rebuild my profile? I'm hoping that will bring my speed back up to my usual 5.6Mb/s.. So far, it would only go up to 3.9Mb/s. Thanks.

dslx_steve
Premium,VIP
join:2011-03-24
Winnetka, CA
kudos:6
Line tests show that you are getting a low bit rate. This looks like a line issue, not a problem with the profile. I rebuilt the connection for good measure. I'll have a tech contact you.

TLxRaCeR

Anaheim, CA
Your tech called but due to the holidays, I asked to keep the ticket open and hoped the problem fixed itself. I'm still getting slower speeds, so can you have a tech call me to schedule another dispatch. I'm hoping I don't have to be home for AT&T to fix the problem. Thx

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:30
Yes, will do.